<What are WP and PC w.r.t the 9995? I'm reading the memory map and I don't
<understand what those terms are. A related term seems to be BLWP, which I
<don't understand either. (I'm only a poor 6502 programmer. :-)
OK,
WP... workspace pointer. back when the 9900 was new registers (memory)
really ate up chip space and TI had an archetecture in the 990 minicomputer
where register were in memory instead of in the CPU. So the WP is a pointer
that points to a block of 16 locations in ram that are addressed in
instructions as R0 through R15.
PC is PC just like the 6502. It's the instruction counter.
BLWP is an instruction that does several things.
It branches to a specified address.
It saves the WP and PC in the R14 and R15 of the new
workspace.
It then resumes at the newly specified PC.
Obviously it nees two parameters a new WP and PC. They are specified by
varios means (addressing modes and registers). Think of it as something
like a 6502 call and Push combined though it's more powerful.
Allison
Hi,
At Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:25:14, Derek Peschel wrote:
>There are calculator-collecting lists out there, for both mechanical and
>early electronic calculators. I'm tempted not to say this... calculator
>collecting so far has been a very quiet hobby. (I hope it stays that way!)
Hmmm, I suppose that depends on your point of view. With the
"collector's guide" for pocket calcs coming out in '97, and the
message traffic of stuff for sale on some of the web sites,
seems to me there is quite a lot of interest in pocket calcs and
prices are going up very quickly. I've been active in this stuff
now for about a year & a half. I see lots of new names bidding
on calc stuff each month, FWIW.
>That doesn't mean things are cheap, or that you can always find what you
>want. But the list I'm on has very light traffic and a very high S/N ratio.
Very true, I'm not sure why there isn't much traffic on the lists.
I know quite a few folks who collect calcs, and there seems to be
a lot of private e-mail exchanged, but not nearly the volume of postings
as on this list, for instance.
>The Web sites I've seen are informative and rather "gentlemanly". Use of
>eBay doesn't seem to be encouraged.
Seems like the trend is towards eBay, however - on the web sites
that provide calculator classifieds it seems like more & more of
the calcs for sale are listed on eBay rather than at a fixed price.
>Now... to bring this message back ON-TOPIC, can anyone suggest some URL's
>or a mailing list for collectors of _electronic_ calculators? I already
>know about the MOSCOW site, but others might not. And I'm sure there are
>other interesting resources out there!
Well, another calc-related URL is for my site:
Calculator History & Technology Archive
http://aknight.home.mindspring.com/calc.htm
I have a bunch more calculator links on my site, and am a part of
the Web ring that Andrew set up.
FWIW, I'd set up an "egroups" list for calculator discussions
and you'll see a link to that from my web site, but there has
been no traffic and due to the difficulty of using egroups I
may discontinue it altogether.
On my site right now I'm leaning more towards coverage of early desktop
calculators - they seem to have more in common with classic computers
(particularly micros) than do the pocket calcs, and plan to expand
coverage to certain early computer stuff as I can. One of these
day's I'll show ya'll the insides of my H9 terminal, man what a lot
of ICs. Maybe even my homebrew pre-PC 8086 machine...
Regards,
Alex
I recently picked up about 30 150meg Bernoulli cartridges that have never
been opened. According to the chart on the back they should work on the
90meg.
Dan
>
>I picked up two drives at the MIT flea's last year... I was only
>able to get two disks... if you find a source, please let me know
>as well (yes, I have the 90 MB version too).
>
> Megan Gentry
> Former RT-11 Developer
>
>+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
>| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
>| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
>| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
>| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
>| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
>| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
>+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
>
>>>>> "Cameron" == Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser(a)oa.ptloma.edu> writes:
Cameron> What *does* the Euro symbol look like, anyway?
Like a C with two horizontal lines in the middle[0]. Umm. Kinda. Look at
http://europa.eu.int
[0] Not to be confused with a certain computer company's logo. *nudge*
*nudge* *wink* *wink*
--
___ . . . . . + . . o
_|___|_ + . + . + . . Per Olofsson, konstn?r
o-o . . . o + MagerValp(a)Goth.Org
- + + . http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/
Have an IBM XT with keyboard and monitor. Anyone interested?
___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
Good Morning!
Your daily laugh as requested sent to you with the intention of
brightening up your day!
Why not give someone else a laugh. Forward this e.mail to
everyone you know.
IMPORTANT NOTE
It is possible that you will have received your daily laugh from
another source or will have been added to our mailing list at the
request of a friend or colleague.
We realise that some may not appreciate being added to our
mailing list without prior consent. With this in mind we are now
asking anybody that wishes to be added to the mailing list to
subscribe direct.
If you wish to subscribe (including those that have already
subscribed) then please send a blank e.mail to one of the below
addresses that best describes where you are from.
DailyLaughUK-Subscribe(a)OneList.Com
DailyLaughUS-Subscribe(a)OneList.Com
DailyLaughElsewhere-Subscribe(a)OneList.Com
Those that do nothing will automatically be removed from the list
after today.
I thank you all for your anticipated co-operation.
Now for today's jokes!!!!!!!!
______________________________________
A man was to be married and his friends threw him a stag party.
As usual there was much drinking and merriment. As the evening
wore on, the man was dancing nude and and hit his erect penis on
the fireplace, knocking himself out.
Concerned, his friends took him to the hospital. Following an
examination, the emergency room physician told them that their
friend's condition was stable, that he was bruised and sore, that
the medical term for his injury was complicated but in layman
terms, "He had broken his prick". They shouldn't worry though,
because he had supported the injured part with 4 tongue
depressors neatly bound with tape.
The next day, the wedding was flawless and the bride was unaware
of any problems. In their honeymoon suite, the bride was
spread-eagled on the bed when her husband emerged from the
bathroom and she said, "Come and get it , Honey, it's all yours.
I'm untouched by any other, this is pure virgin wool".
The groom smiled as he dropped his pajamas as he said to her,
"Check this out, Babe, still in the crate".
______________________________________
A guy was at the supermarket and after buying a few things he
began to queue up in this really long line for the checkout.
After about 15 minutes in the line he reached the checkout girl
and just at that moment he remembered that he needed some
condoms.
Not wanting to line up again he said to the girl "Oh I meant to
buy some condoms but forgot"
"Do you know what size you are ?" she asked.
"No".
"OK drop your pants and I'll tell you what size you are".
The guy then, not being the shy type, drops his trousers and the
girl has a feel with her hand and then says in the microphone "1
packet of large condoms to aisle 3 please", he pulls up his
trousers, the condoms are brought to him and he pays his bill and
goes on his way.
Another male customer sees this and thinks he'd like to have this
nice girl fondling his prick and so says the same thing to the
girl. A similar course of events takes place, only this time
after having a feel she says "One packet of medium sized condoms
to aisle 3 please", the condoms are then brought to him and he
pays the bill and goes on his way.
Also watching this course of events was a rather excitable 15
year old boy who then decides to queue up and try the same
routine.
"I'd like to buy some condoms please, but I forgot" he says.
"Do you know what size you are?"
"No."
"OK, I'll check. Whoops, mop and bucket to aisle 3 please!"
_______________________________________
A man was sitting at a bar enjoying an after-work drink when an
exceptionally gorgeous and sexy young woman entered. She was so
striking that the man could not take his eyes off her.
The young woman noticed his overly-attentive stare and walked
directly toward him. Before he could offer his apologies for
being so rude, the young woman said to him, "I'll do anything,
absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky,
for £100 on one condition."
Flabbergasted, the man asked what the condition was. The young
woman replied, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in
just three words."
He quickly pulled his wallet from his pocket and slowly counted
out five £20 notes, which he pressed into the young woman's hand.
He looked into her eyes and slowly, meaningfully said...
"Paint my house."
______________________________________
A man went into a chemists looking for condoms. Unfortunately he
didn't know what size to get. The pharmacist asks him, 'Would you
like to find what size you are, Sir?'
The guy agrees and the pharmacist leads him into a room with a
board. The board has many differently-sized holes in it. The
pharmacist leaves, allowing the guy some privacy to match up his
dick with the right hole.
Three hours have gone by and the pharmacist wonders what is
taking so long. So, he knocks on the door and sees if the guy is
alright. The guy says, "Forget the condoms, I think I'll take the
board."
__________________________________________
Have a nice day!!!!!
On or about 10:21 PM 1/26/99 -0800, Sam Ismail was caught in a dark alley
speaking these words:
>On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Max Eskin wrote:
>> Using 80 C-64s in a single project? Heck, I'm curious...
>Were basically in the preliminary feasibility study stages of building a
>massively parallel vintage computer. The point? To demonstrate that old
>hardware that can be picked up for pennies can be combined to attain
>amazing amounts of computing power.
How much of the documentation / flowcharts / source code / etc. will be
open source / GPL / freeware?
I've always wanted to build a multi-processor CoCo (the 6809 was designed
with simple multiprocessing in mind) but never quite figured out where to
start. These documents might actually give me a clue.
Just wondering,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger (a.k.a. Daddy)
=====
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- zmerch(a)30below.com
SysAdmin - Iceberg Computers
===== Merch's Wild Wisdom of the Moment: =====
Sometimes you know, you just don't know sometimes, you know?
There's an IBM 1130 available here to whomever wants to drive to Ithaca
and pick it up. Unfortunately, the keyboard and power supply have been
removed, although everything else seems to be there -- although I'm not
exactly an 1130 expert.
Anyone who is interested should email me so that I can inform the current
owner that a new home has been found.
Brad Ackerman N1MNB "...faced with the men and women who bring home
bsa3(a)cornell.edu the pork, voters almost always re-elect them."
http://skaro.pair.com/ -- _The Economist_, 31 Oct 1998