Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this list. I've been collecting classic home console computers
for about two years now and have some items to trade and some things I'm
looking for (either trade or buy). You can check out my collection on my
website at http://www.markrandall.com.
Regards,
Mark Randall
Play Incorporated
======================
Classic Computers To Trade:
======================
Apple IIGS (full system with monitor/printer)
Compaq Portable (original)
IBM PC Jr.
KayPro II
KayPro IV
Macintosh 128 (original)
Radio Shack Color Computer
Texas Instruments 99/4A
=================================
Computers I'm Looking to Buy / Trade For:
(Console Home Computers Only)
=================================
Acorn BBC Micro
Acorn Electron
Amstrad CPC 6128
Amstrad CPC 664
Atari 65XE
Atari 520ST
Camputers Lynx
Canon V-20 MSX
Dragon 32
EACA Colour Genie
EACA Video Genie 3003 (AKA System-80 / PMC 80)
Exidy Sorcerer
Franklin ACE 1200
Interact Model One
Jupiter ACE
Mattel Aquarius
Memotek MTX 500/512 (or RS128)
Oric 1
Oric Atmos
Panasonic JR-200U
Personal Micro Computer PMC 81
Phillips Videopac
Salora Fellow
Sharp MZ800 (MZ821)
Sinclair QL
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair Spectrum +
Sinclair Spectrum +2 / +2A / +3
SpectraVideo SVI 328
Sony HitBit
Sord M5
Timex Sinclair 1500
Timex Sinclair 2068
Toshiba HX-10
Toshiba T100
Video Technology Laser Compact XT
Video Technology VZ200
===============================
Computers Currently In My Collection
(Pictures at http://www.markrandall.com)
===============================
Amiga 500
Amiga 600
Amiga 1200
Amstrad 464 CPC
Atari 400
Atari 800
Atari 600XL
Atari 800XL
Atari 1200XL
Atari 130XE
Atari 1040 ST
Apple II
Apple IIc
Commodore 16
Commodore Plus/4
Commodore 64
Commodore 128
Commodore VIC 20
Laser 128
Radio Shack Color Computer
Radio Shack Micro Color Computer (MC-10)
Radio Shack Color Computer II (low rise keyboard)
Radio Shack Color Computer II (high rise keyboard)
Radio Shack Color Computer III
Radio Shack Model 1
Sinclair ZX80
Sinclair ZX81
Tano Dragon 64
Texas Instruments 99/4A (gray/silver)
Texas Instruments 99/4A (beige)
Timex Sinclair 1000
Even at $85.00 thats a rip off. I have one that i would consider in mint condition with all the parts manuals and original box I got it for $12.95.They had that Osborne 1 on there for $5000.00 and i just got one for free.If these people dont want the stuff let the folks who want it to restore it or whatever HAVE IT.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph S. Barrera III <joebar(a)microsoft.com>
To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers <classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
Date: Friday, January 15, 1999 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Commodore 1541 on ebay for $8500.00
I'm confident that's a typo (probably meant $85). I've sent mail to the seller.
----- Original Message -----
From: PCTech
To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
Sent: Friday, January 15, 1999 3:18 PM
Subject: Commodore 1541 on ebay for $8500.00
You gotta go see this i cant believe it $8500.00
Made a few purchases today, and have questions on them all:
HP 150 with an HP 9133 expansion chassis. Anybody know what kind of
keyboard this takes? It has a 6 prong telephone style connector.
Texas Instruments Compact Computer 40. This is a lot like the TRS-80
PC-4 in appearance, but a bit bigger. It has BASIC in ROM and a
connector for cartridges. Is there anything actually useful for this?
THe keyboards too small to do any actual word processing.
MPP-1150 Parallel Printer Interface by Supra Corporation. This has a
parallel connector on the one end and a strange 13 pin connector which
looks something like this:
_______
|_______|
/_______\
on the other end. Does anybody know what computer this goes to?
And lastly, I have a single IC in a bag labeled "printer". The chip says
"NEC RI8739-I35 D2332C 374". Does anybody know what this is? Anybody
want it?
Tom Owad
--
Sysop of Caesarville Online
Client software at: <http://home.earthlink.net/~tomowad/>
> Texas Instruments Compact Computer 40. This is a lot like the TRS-80
> PC-4 in appearance, but a bit bigger. It has BASIC in ROM and a
> connector for cartridges. Is there anything actually useful for this?
> THe keyboards too small to do any actual word processing.
I have one of these too. TI supposedly made a thermal printer, an RS-232
interace, and a 70KB tape drive, which would plug in to the six-pin BERG
connector on the back, next to the power jack. I use it as a programmable
scientific calculator.
At 09:49 PM 1/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> ObCC: I seem to recall somebody producing a biofeedback device for the
>
>Ooo... now THERE would be a cool thing to get my hands on... anyone know
>anything about these or have one gathering dust?
There was also one for the 8-bit ataris and (iirc) TRS-80's (Cocos?).
--------------------------------------------------------------------- O-
Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger(a)sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/
I was talking wiht another programmer recently and we considered the
question of whether science drives science fiction, or vice-versa. I think
that while it probably goes both ways, to some extent, the real pathway is:
Science Fiction --> Research Labs --> Consumer Electronics --> Science
Fiction.
An example that comes to mind is a story I read (can't remember what or
who, but perhaps Hogan?) wherein a character sat down and unrolled the
screen of his powerbook 9999. I just read (Microtimes?) that someone has
come up with a flexible LCD screen which may be used at some point in such
a device.
I'm not sure what this has to do with classic computers, but I decided to
post it anyway. Lot less off-topic than some stuff lately. 8^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------- O-
Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger(a)sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/
At 10:10 PM 1/14/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I guarantee that some time in the future, an alternative pathway will be:
> computer =electrical impulse=> brain
>
>and you won't be able to tell the difference.
Check out James Hogan's Bug Park (not the first book to use the idea, just
the most recent I've read, and one of my two favorite authors.)
Obcc: Hogan used to be a salesrep(?) for DEC and his books include fairly
realistic computers and such, and kinda obviously DEC. (And, iirc, Apple
II's in earlier books?)
--------------------------------------------------------------------- O-
Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger(a)sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/
> This is definitely off-topic (who was that said I was single-minded?) but
> for a fine example of bletcherousness, try the source to the pine mailer
> (here also known as pain, or Pain In Neck Email). Find the 70K source
file
> that handles the main mail stuff, and try 'grep goto' - and watch three
or
> four screenfulls scroll by. All in one function (the 70K file is almost
> all one function).
Besides for this example, what do you feel is wrong with PINE? What do you
prefer? I would like to know since I'm an inexperienced Linux user, and
this is on-topic since PINE is over 10 years old.
On Jan 16, 3:05, Sean 'Captain Napalm' Conner wrote:
> > Remember, C has a goto statement, although I don't think in my nearly
10
> > years of C programming I've ever used it, although on certain rare
> > occasions it seemed the easy way out to a sticky coding problem.
I think I've used it once -- and then removed it again.
> Perhaps it's my own biases here (coming with 9 years of solid C coding)
> but if you have more than one conditional test in an `if' or `while'
> statment, you may be doing something wrong. Also, if you're so deeply
> nested that you need a `goto' to get out of trouble, then again, you may
be
> doing something wrong. If you are nested about four levels deep in a
> function, you may be doing something wrong. Don't be afraid to use lots
of
> functions, each doing one thing and one thing only. This applies to any
> language really.
This is definitely off-topic (who was that said I was single-minded?) but
for a fine example of bletcherousness, try the source to the pine mailer
(here also known as pain, or Pain In Neck Email). Find the 70K source file
that handles the main mail stuff, and try 'grep goto' - and watch three or
four screenfulls scroll by. All in one function (the 70K file is almost
all one function).
--
Pete Peter Turnbull
Dept. of Computer Science
University of York
Does anyone here know where I can get drivers for using a PS/2 mouse with
DOS programs like a normal serial mouse?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Max Eskin | kurtkilgor(a)bigfoot.com | AOL: kurtkilgor