-----Original Message-----
From: Doug <doug(a)blinkenlights.com>
>OK, Mike, I give up. Which famous poet are you?
>
>-- Doug :-)
Heh... Well, I was John Donne. But that's another lifetime and another
story. ;)
The Flea
- Mike:dogas@leading.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin <marvin(a)rain.org>
>For you people who live and die by ebay, I'd like to point out that if *I*
>had not been there...
I am just saddened when I contemplate the additional dumpster fodder that
could have been saved were your energies spent better than at the gas pedal
of ebay's search engine.
;)
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Sam Ismail wrote:
> And undue inflation at that! Those prices are just based on what some
> clown was willing to pay on that day. They have no basis in relevant
Actually, it's _not_ undue inflation. The prices are always dependant on
what people ask, and if there's only one vendor, the price will be
whatever he damn well wants. The obvious solution is to flood the market
with cheap classic computers. Wasn't there someone here who had 80 C-64s
in his garage?
>I actually won an auction on a SCSI 9-track tape drive (with external
>terminator). It is marked "5170" on the front. It is a rack mount, front
>loading, horizontal feed device. It claims it can do 6250 BPI. We'll see.
>Now to see about a program that can dissect RSX-11M BRU format tapes.
>
>--Chuck
>
What do need from them? I have a few systems here running several different
version of RSX11M+ and have some spare disk drives that I could load just
about anything you wanted to retrieve. Then copy it back in many different
formats including 4 or 8MM.
Dan Burrows
There were a couple of HP1000 systems at the Berman auction this week, both
went for $100. One had the equivalent of an RK05 in the rack. There was
also a rack with an Intel 80/10 multibus system but it was just the chassis
and a multibus memory card, no CPU.
I actually won an auction on a SCSI 9-track tape drive (with external
terminator). It is marked "5170" on the front. It is a rack mount, front
loading, horizontal feed device. It claims it can do 6250 BPI. We'll see.
Now to see about a program that can dissect RSX-11M BRU format tapes.
--Chuck
I'm working a school here that a large qty of Apple IIgs's to unload and is
looking for a good home for them. If anyone near Minneapolis MN knows of
any group that would pick these up e-mail me at jrkeys(a)concentric.net.
Thanks
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 Andrew Davie wrote:
>Just found out that I actually "have" one of these machines. It was a
>surprise to me (its a long story). Anyway, it's still in Russia of course.
>This computer is "the smallest analog of PDP-11". I thought I'd ask the
>list if anyone has any suggestions as to ways of getting HEAVY things out of
>Russia. I have lots of experience getting small calculators and slide rules
>out. I'd prefer not to dismantle this thing :)
If it's of any interest, there is a BK-0010 (I think that's what is is anyway)
emulator for Amiga computers. It's on Aminet, I think the filename has
"bkemul" in it. From memory, it comes with some software incl. a Lode Runner
type game.
-- Mark
[Off-topic: I am trying to get hold of data sheets for the following chips:
Fujitsu MB86507; Fujitsu MB86312; TI TLS1044 or TLS1043; NEC uPD4216160.
*Please* contact me if you have any of these!]
>Well, I'm not coming to VCF, but if I was, what would the rule be for me?
>Build a PERQ from a bucket of sand ?
Jeez, you want everything done for you, don't you?
You get an empty bucket, a pair of plastic chopsticks, and access to a
beach.
You can use all the sand you can get into the bucket using the chopsticks.
Improper use of the chopsticks (as judged, subjectively, by Sam) results in
having your bucket emptied.
Any questions?
George,
Are you talking about the 802 (which someone said is a terminal) or are
you talking about the computer? (model number ???)
If you mean the computer then I listed it but I wasn't offering. It's
still at the store. I was hoping they might turn up the computer. If you
need a copy, I'll see about getting it and making you a copy. If I don't
find the computer sooner or later then you may end up with the original.
If you mean the terminal manual then it's also still at the store but I
don't want it so if you do then let me know and I'll see about getting it
for you.
Joe
At 11:12 AM 1/26/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I actually have one of these with no docs... Who was it that was offering
>a manual?
>
>George
>
>=========================================================
>George L. Rachor george(a)racsys.rt.rain.com
>Beaverton, Oregon http://racsys.rt.rain.com
>United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX
>
>On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Richard Erlacher wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that the 802 was a televideo terminal with an integrated
>> workstation. These worked in conjunction with a server unit to run an OS
>> called MOST, I believe, and I have a couple of the server units, the number
>> of which will occur to me when I look at one again.
>>
>> These were fairly late technology, using 64k DRAMS and a 4MHz Z80A. The
>> servers had four or five serial ports using Z80 SIO's and either 10 or 20
>> MB winchesters to go with their 5-1/4" floppies. They used the
>> WD1000-series HDC, which used an 8X300 microcontroller (I2L technology,
>> Harvard architecture) and the WD1000 5-chip set. I always admired the
>> packaging technology, which was first rate.
>>
>> I have to believe the workstations were up to the same standard in
>> convenient packaging. Televideo was late getting into the desktop
>> workstation market, but did it in a big way with these numbers, as they had
>> all you could want. The OS was purported, by some users I knew, to be
>> quite a bit superior to MPM, which was quite established at that time (late
>> '70's, early '80's).
>>
>> If anyone is interested in the server units, I can make them available,
>> less drives, and possibly a couple of SIO/2's which I scavenged years ago,
>> for the packaging/shipping cost.
>>
>> Dick
>>
>> ----------
>> > From: Joe <rigdonj(a)intellistar.net>
>> > To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
>> <classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
>> > Subject: Televideo 802 computer?
>> > Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 2:35 AM
>> >
>> > Does anyone have one of these? I found a manual for one of these
>> yesterday
>> > and it looks pretty cool.
>> >
>> > Joe
>>
>
>
Another month whizzes by!
But, what fun! The TRW Ham Radio Swapmeet is this Saturday, 30th
January, at the TRW Facility in El Segundo, CA.. from 07:30 until
11:30 hours PST.
Any Classicmp denizens who will be in/around the SoCal area on
saturday are invited to attend.
Afterward, I am planning on brunch at the local eatery, right
after Marvin gets done taking 1st place in the ham transmitter hunt
contest. (again)
Anyone interested in getting together at/after the Meet, or who
wishes to use one of my two prime spaces to sell some Vintage
Computer gear.. respond by private e-mail for further info.
Or, on second thought... never mind. There's never any Good Gear
there, anyway... nothing at all. Please sleep in. Wash the car.
Walk your ferrets...
I want all the Goodies for me......
:)
Cheerz
John