Hello Frank, Eric, Sam, Stan, and the rest of the list,
Thanks much for your interest. I replied to the responses (there were six
counting yours -- I'm impressed!) in the order that I received them. All
the manuals I referenced are now spoken for.
FWIW, the HP Customer Support manual went to Jay West, and the 9825 books
to Anthony Eros (he actually has a 9825 he needs docs on).
Thanks again to you all for your interest. I will continue to keep an eye
out for other 'classic' docs and goodies.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
I thought you were using an 11/73. Just get into the console and type b
mu0: to boot the tape if it is at 1774500. I am on the road right now but
when I get back I could look up the CPU info and let you know the how to get
into the console. My brain is dead right now - been up for 21 hours and
just finished eating dinner.
Dan
>
>I'm seriously bummed. However, I finally got smart and made a bootable
>TK-50 so if need be I can load RT-11 without to much difficulty (other than
>having to type in the bootstrap by hand).
>
Looks like I'm buying a ton (7-8) of PETs + disk drives + printers.
Only problem is that I was only looking for one.
The terms of the deal are as-is, where-is.
If you interested in a PET please let me know.
Anybody in Toronto that could check the units out for me?
Any idea on the best/cheapest way to ship to Boston, Mass?
I'll post more detail when I get them.
Thanks,
Chandra
>The disk is a 150Mb ESDI drive attached to a Webster WQESD ESDI
>controller. The controller allows be to carve the drive into partitions
>that look like separate RD52's. This nice little ability allowed me to
>boot from the second partition. Unfortunatly I'd not been backing up to
>another partition.
Sounds like the Andromeda ESDC I have in my machine, with an ESDI
disk... I have one disk partitioned as four RD54s... I have
another partitioned as one large disk (still identified as an
RD54, but at 680 MB)
Anyway, its hard to diagnose directory problems from a distance...
I'd need to see a dump of the first 68 blocks (0-67).
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
Hi. I have some ADAM software, but very few of the dreaded high-speed tape
cassettes to duplicate it onto. If you can send me an ADAM cassette, I can
dupe what I have - email me off-list if you're interested and I'll dredge
through the storage closet and see what I've got.
I frequently see the ADAM joysticks at the local thrifts; I can pick some
up for you if you want - again, email me off-list.
If you called Coleco, I'm sure their response would be either:
"Sure, we've still got 20,000 unsold units in the warehouse" or "Send your
computer, in it's original packing materials, to one of our convenient
repair depots ... "
Cheers,
Mark.
At 06:53 PM 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any ADAM joysticks and/or software? ...or any commercial
>source for them?
>
>What to you suppose would happen if I called up Coleco?
>
>manney
>
>
>
>
> No problem. The tube CD player simply has an AES/EBU (or S/P-DIF)
coaxial
> digital output. If you want a tube D/A to go with it, that's a separate
> product.
>
> The tube D/A would likely not use oversampling, but rather an 8-pole
> analog filter.
>
> If people want a tube oversampling D/A, that can be a more advanced,
larger,
> and more expensive model.
I agree with Tony. From an audio point of view, chips vs. valves (tubes,
for those colonies who've forgotten how to speak English) should make no
difference except in the analogue sections. On the digital side they have
no more than old computer technology hack value.
That said, oversampling and filtering is _not_ hard. People nowadays think
only in terms of digital, discrete working and analogue, continuous
working. IMHO the place to do oversampling is in between - in the
Analogue, Discrete domain.
How: Make several A-to-Ds (or one and some sample and hold circuits if
you're a cheapskate). The simplest case is linear interpolation which uses
only two. I would envisage precision ladder networks or something similar
for these. Call them A and B (and C, D, etc.)
Have some analogue circuits which use analogue summation techniques to
derive (say) A, 0.75A+0.25B, 0.5A+0.5B and 0.25A +0.75B. Switch between
them. You now have 4* oversampling, with simple linear interpolation.
(After those four valuse, B becomes the new A and the next value from the
digital side becomes B...)
More complex filters can be implemented with more A-to-Ds (or a series of
sample/holds or a bucket brigade etc) and more complex maths in the
combinations.
IIR filters can be implemented with a sample and hold that remembers the
last _output_
And so on. (but dion't forget the conventional analogue filter on the
output)
No DSP required.
Fun,eh?
I have the following available, both from HP:
'Data Systems Customer Support Handbook' dated Sep. 1980. Contains
technical and support data for what appears to be a wide variety of early
HP computer hardware, including what looks like source code for diagnostics
(I just skimmed it -- didn't really read in detail). Here's a sample from
the Table of Contents.
Common Data
2114/15/16
2100
21MX-M and 21MX-E
Power Supplies/Extenders
Memories/Accessories
Input/Output
Parts
Operating Systems
I also have a binderful of user's guides for the HP9825A desktop system,
circa March 1980, including:
Operating and Programming
9872A Plotter Programming
98034A HPIB Interface - Installation and Service
98035A RTC - Installation and Operation
Advanced Programming
98032A 16-bit Interface - Installation and Service
Extended I/O Programming
Matrix Programming
General I/O Programming
String Variable Programming
98036A Serial Interface - Installation and Service
Systems Programming
<Sheesh, what a load! The whole binderful weighs in at just over 9 pounds!)
That's what I've got at the moment. Best offer (and I'm not looking for a
fortune here, folks) plus mailing costs takes them!
Thanks in advance.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
Ok, if this is not the funniest online saga since the beginning of the web
I don't know what is.
First of all, if you haven't checked out the auction, go now to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=62692227
Also, be sure to read this article which puts the icing on this cake:
http://www.rewired.com/cgi-bin/rewired_redirect.cgi?year=99&article=0125.ht…
I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Amazingly, this thing is
already up to $5,100! That's only $1000 less than the Alto II. Seems
like we're collecting the wrong stuff.
Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar(a)siconic.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always hasslin' the man.
Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
[Last web site update: 01/15/99]
This is a request to see if there are enough Houston people, (and
enough interest), to have a gathering.
Please reply to me, not the list.
Basic idea is meet at a central location, perhaps a Bennigans, and just
gab. Talk old computers, drink a few of your favorite. early to mid
March, some Saturday afternoon, 2-3 hours at most. variations on
this theme welcome.
We now return you to your normally scheduled OT discussions.
Thanks,
Kelly
KFergason(a)aol.com
Just sold an Adam, minus software. The customer wants software, now. Can
you send a list of a few thangs you might have, plus prices? Do you have
books?
Thank you
manney
+AD4-I've got a tonne of Adam cassette software... What are you looking for?
+AD4-
+AD4-- Mike: dogas+AEA-leading.net
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4------Original Message-----
+AD4-From: PG Manney +ADw-manney+AEA-hmcltd.net+AD4-
+AD4-To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
+AD4APA-classiccmp+AEA-u.washington.edu+AD4-
+AD4-Date: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 8:11 PM
+AD4-Subject: Adam parts
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4APg-Does anyone have any ADAM joysticks and/or software? ...or any commercial
+AD4APg-source for them?
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-What to you suppose would happen if I called up Coleco?
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-manney
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-
+AD4-
+AD4-