Greetings,
I am aware that the Panasonic HHC was a topic on this list some time
ago; I have not yet had the fortitude to search the archives for
leads therefore this request...
Does anyone have any documentation (eg. user/operator manual, SNAP
programming manual, cross-development s/w or information, schematics,
etc.,etc.,etc.? If so, could you be convinced to make dups for cost
and something for your time?
We currently have a request in to a developer of Insurance software
(on EPROM) to scour their archives for any information but as of yet
they've not succeeded.
All replies are much appreciated.
Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Musuem
Here's another one from the same fellow, FWIW.
>X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows sub 224
>Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:29:39 EST
>Reply-To: EasyGrk(a)AOL.COM
>Sender: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List <HEATH(a)LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
>From: Aaron Milavec <EasyGrk(a)AOL.COM>
>Subject: Diablo 1620 printer/typewrite
>To: HEATH(a)LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
>
>=============================
>DIABLO 1620--terminal/printer/electronic typewriter. The "Cadillac" of daisy
>wheel printers in superb condition with manual. Has been loafing at 600 baud
>for the last ten years. $399 plus shipping costs.
>
>DIABLO 1640 with problems: $100 plus shipping costs.
>
>Moving in two weeks, hence any serious offer will be considered.
>
>Wolf ++ W8TMY ++ EasyGrk(a)aol.com for reply and info
>
>--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
>To subscribe: listserv(a)listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: subscribe HEATH yourfirstname yourlastname
>To unsubscribe: listserv(a)listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: signoff HEATH
>Archives for HEATH: http://www.tempe.gov/archives
>--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
Well, FWIW, I'm just posting this from the Heath reflector if anybody's
interested.
Apparently, the fellow feels his work is worth something as I think the
prices are a bit high. He doesn't actually realize the value of these
things, so go easy on him. (I do not know him. I'm just a silly engineer
myself and probably can do as good of work ;)
Don't know exactly what he means by "detached keyboard" in the H89/H8
combo. I know one trick published years ago was to neatly cut off the
keyboard end of the H89 case, place nice looking covers over the openings
and run a suitable ribbon cable between.
--Chris
>X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows sub 224
>Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:22:36 EST
>Reply-To: EasyGrk(a)AOL.COM
>Sender: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List <HEATH(a)LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
>From: Aaron Milavec <EasyGrk(a)AOL.COM>
>Subject: H89 + H8 for sale
>To: HEATH(a)LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++
>I have built three H89 Heathkit Computers. I am a Master Technician and have
>wrapped the cables giving the interior a professional appearance. Would you
>like to purchase one of these working units?
>
>Two (2) H89s, 14 years old, modest service, with 40+ diskettes filled with
>various software, plus all manuals, $300 each plus shipping costs
>
>H89, with H8 (dual diskette drives, stand-alone) and with detached keyboard
>(nicely finshed), $350 plus shipping costs, with 40+ diskettes filled with
>software, plus manuals.
>
>Wolf ++ W8TMY ++ EasyGrk(a)aol.com for reply and info
>
>--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
>To subscribe: listserv(a)listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: subscribe HEATH yourfirstname yourlastname
>To unsubscribe: listserv(a)listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: signoff HEATH
>Archives for HEATH: http://www.tempe.gov/archives
>--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt(a)netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association
URL: http://www.ggw.org/freenet/a/awa/
> With the MB outside the case on a wooden surface and nothing connected
>except the power supply plug and the front push button, all that I get is a
>twitch from the cpu cooling fan, on only the first push, after that nothing
>until it sets for a while.
This sort of thing happens with AT power supplies if there is insufficient
load.
Does the power supply cooling fan rotate?
You can check by adding extra load like a hard drive
At 08:51 AM 2/5/99 -0500, David G Mcmurtrie <dgm+(a)pitt.edu> wrote:
>
>In particular, I used to have the "Programmer`s Reference Manual" and a
>book that mapped all of the memory locations and described the kernel
>routines in detail.
You can still get copies of "Mapping the C-64" from the author,
Sheldon Leemon, at <sheldon(a)ameritech.net>.
- John
I am primarily looking for some several Z80 S-100 slave cards. Compupro
use to sell Z80 slave s100 cards with 64K or 256K of ram and serial port
and parallel port.
I also understand a one time some use to make S-100 SBC that met all the
S-100 spec. So they could run as Temporary Bus Masters (TBM). Thus
enabling someone to put up to 16 of them on the same S-100 bus.
If you have a few either type you want to sell, e-mail me
Michael
Hi Bruce,
----------
> From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: DECStuff FS or trade
> Date: Sunday, December 13, 1998 1:20 PM
> PDP-11/23+ with the floating point option. Used to live at Fluke Corp.,
and drive a laser trimmer for printed resistor arrays. Was working when
pulled, so it should be OK.
You still have this one ? Which one ist it anyway, quad or double ?
I got some MS650 boards here ;-))
cheers,
emanuel
I don't know that this will settle anything for anyone, but I saw an old ad
for the DJ2 just a day or so ago in an old mag and it certainly didn't have
any HDD port. It was an FDC.
I have a board from Industrial Microsystems which has a SASI port on it. I
even have an old 8" HDD which should talk to it. I've never tried them,
though.
Dick
----------
> From: Huw Davies <H.Davies(a)latrobe.edu.au>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: RE: S100 boards
> Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 7:47 PM
>
> At 06:28 AM 04-02-99 -0500, Bob Stek wrote:
>
> >I've got 50 cents that says the DJ 2D/B is a floppy controller, not a
hard
> >drive controller!
>
> I'll increase the bid to 2 Euros :-) My rusty memory reckons that it's a
> floppy controller too...
>
> Huw Davies | e-mail: Huw.Davies(a)latrobe.edu.au
> Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550 Fax: +61 3
9479 1999
> La Trobe University | "If God had wanted soccer played in
the
> Melbourne Australia 3083 | air, the sky would be painted green"