To whom it may concern;
Your advertising e-mail was sent to a listserver dedicated to a
special interest
group. These individuals subscribe to this listserver for information
related to
their hobby, not for unsolicited advertising. I would _strongly_ suggest
that you
review your e-mail advertising policies and methods. Personally, I will
_NOT_ do
business with firms that advertise in this manner, and _WILL_ urge my
friends and
associates to adopt a similar policy.
Will
Hi,
You have been referred to us as someone that would benefit from
the following information.
If you are a mobile phone user then you may be interested to
learn about the following.
___________________________________________________________
"Don't pay more for your mobile phone than you have to"
___________________________________________________________
We are an independent mobile phone consultancy based in
Hertfordshire that has been formed as a result of the increased
competition between the UK's four mobile phone networks. Our
team have an extensive and personal understanding of how mobile
phone networks compete for your business.
Our dedicated team of consultants are available to offer you the
cheapest possible package from your existing mobile phone
operator.
A number of our colleagues are former employees of one of the
UK's leading mobile phone networks. Their knowledge and expertise
will prove to be a valuabe commodity.
1. We will show you how it is possible to reduce your existing
monthly line rental charge by between 10% to 50%.
2. We will show you how you can upgrade your phone at a
discounted price or in some cases, FREE.
3. We will show you how to go about obtaining a credit on your
account.
4. We will show you how it is possible to transfer from one
network to another taking your existing mobile phone
number with you and receiving upto £100.00 for your trouble.
5. We will show you how you can take advantage of free local and
national calls day and night.
6. We will show you how to achieve cheaper international calls.
7. We will show you how to receive a discounted memorable mobile
number.
8. We will show you how you can have two numbers running side by
side and pay just one line rental charge.
______________________________
This and a whole lot more!
______________________________
If you require more information regarding the above and what we
can offer you then please send an e.mail stating your name,
contact number, e.mail address, the network you are with and
length of time you have been with them to
MobileCostCutter(a)Hotmail.com. Alternatively, you can contact us
on 01438 234961 or send a fax to 0171 681-3495.
Please forward this e.mail to other mobile phone users you know.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Kindest Regards and Best Wishes.
Christopher Scott
Managing Director
<Not true!
<
<Altair Mini-Disk BASIC was distributed on 5 1/4" hard-sectored disks with 1
<sectors (not 10). The MITS controller consisted of two S-100 cards that wa
<mostly TTL (nothing fancy like a 1771
No. The original disk for the altair before they became Pertec Computers
was an 8" system using two boards of TTL. I know I built three of them in
that era and debugged a few more. All if the later Pertec machines with
minifloppies had a board that used a 1771 plus a raft of ttl.
I might add the Pertec controller was sold before the Pertec aquired MITS.
Allison
I've got a PDP-8/L available for swap. I thought about putting it up on
eBay with a $100k reserve but decided that would be overkill :-)
Would anyone with an IBM 5100 (switch-selectable BASIC/APL variant) be
interested in a swap?
-- Tony Eros
Computer History Association of Delaware
Caveat emptor on this one...
-=-=- <snip> -=-=-
On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:06:09 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware you
wrote:
>>From: Fabo <Fabo(a)suffolkonline.com>
>>Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
>>Subject: Rare IBM machines for sale
>>Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:06:09 -0500
>>Organization: LI Net
>>Lines: 10
>>Message-ID: <36C0DB81.4B9C(a)suffolkonline.com>
>>Reply-To: dbowman(a)li.net
>>NNTP-Posting-Host: listc03-170.li.net
>>Mime-Version: 1.0
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.04 (WinNT; I)
>>Path: news1.jps.net!news-west.eli.net!news1.cwix.com!newsfeed.cwix.com!204.210.0.20!news.san.rr.com!nntp3.cerf.net!news01.li.net!not-for-mail
>>Xref: news1.jps.net comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware:13137
>>
>>Hi Folks .
>>I have dug in the wherehouse and uncovered some IBMs that we purchased
>>at auctio long ago.
>>Feast your eyes .
>>Please go through my main site , you may even find some hardware you
>>need !
>>I will be updating the website in the coming days , please be patient
>>and reload often
>>http://www.li.net/~dbowman
>>Fabo
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho,
Blue Feather Technologies -- kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech [dot] com
Web: http://www.bluefeathertech.com
"...No matter how we may wish otherwise, our science can only describe an object,
event, or living thing in our own human terms. It cannot possibly define any of them..."
(flames to /dev/null)
Looks like one more piece of classic computer gear with a movie tie is
bound for some closet somewhere... The IMSAI from the movie 'War Games'
has gone up for bit on eBay... Item #65763027
Supposedly comes with authentication. Bidding is already past $800
(sigh)
-jim
---
jimw(a)agora.rdrop.com
The Computer Garage - http://www.rdrop.com/~jimw
Computer Garage Fax - (503) 646-0174
At 06:43 AM 2/11/99 -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>::Yup, case is metal and it even has stamped on the boards.
>
>And the SID and ROMs? What kind of RAM chips are connected to the 8563?
Can't comment on that. It's packed away tight somewhere. I do remember the
"Canonical List of Commodore Machines" making a distinction with some DCR's.
Les
At 10:29 AM 2/10/99 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Joe wrote:
>
>> No, don't say excellant condition, just say unknown condition. That way
>> no one can say that you ripped them off.
>>
>> Just remember that they're hard sectored disks with 10 sectors. I just
>> found a box of them in a surplus store a couple of days ago.
>
>Yeah, but will anyone really notice? Ok, I'll punch a few extra holes
>here and there.
LOL! that should do it!
Joe
>> 3. I've heard rumors that Cabaret Voltaire and KISS are going on tour
>
> KISS = the original HP10, yes? Can't think of any reason the take that
> machine anywere....
Eh? Wasn't KISS a German home computer? Or am I quite round the twist?
ISTR it had a programming language based on Deutsch in much the same way as
BASIC is based on English?
Anyone else hear of this machine? (I expect I'll now find that Hans has
one or something?)
Philip.
This is going to seem like an odd request, but I am doing a presentation
which will include some "bad apples". You know, the human kind. But, to add
some humor, I would like to find a picture of some really trashed, or a pile
of trashed, old Apple computers. I don't know where to find this, and you
guys have always amazed me at what you were able to locate, so I am hopeful
you can provide a link. Thanks!
Todd Osborne
Senior Software Engineer
FMStrategies, Inc.
http://www.fmstrategies.com/
--------------------------------------------------------
FMStrategies, Inc: tosborne(a)fmstrategies.com
Internet E-Mail: todd.osborne(a)barnstormer-software.com
--------------------------------------------------------
Founder of the Virtual Windows Class Library (C++)
http://www.barnstormer-software.com/vwcl/
--------------------------------------------------------
Anagrams? (http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/)
Can you figure out this one? Want the answer? E-Mail me.
COCO VERDI MOM (Hint: Think Late 1970's Computer)
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
"The timid die just like the daring, and if you don't take the plunge then
you'll just take the fall" - Michael Longcor