Hi Everyone,
I got home a little while ago and have been attempting to get my 486
working with two modems. I just remembered that I wanted to get online
and chat about the APOLLO.
1. The first card is a national instruments corps. assy. 180100-02 REV.
J GPIB-PCII copyright 1989
2.the display board is a madel 56-3118 A-3011-56
3. Two SIMMs made in Puertico Rico 56-3118 N10106 SIX empty
SIMM slots
4.Motherboard A-3050-09 3115-1152 Made in USA
5.Does anyone have a MONITOR for this or can you TELL me what type of
monitor to get.
6.Can I put the harddrive in a PC W/SCSI adapter card and use it as is
without reformating?
7.Compared to a PC how fast is this?(i.e> is it a 486, a P-80, P-300,
8088)
Thanks for listening to me,
John Amirault
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Grigoni <msg(a)computerpro.com>
>Does anyone have any documentation...
I may have some stuff your looking for. I have a HHC that was sold as a
package by Kentucky Central Life Insurance ( bill of sale says for $650.)
I have the:
HHC, printer, touristor luggage ;) And...
Manual: Model: RL-H1000/RL-H1400 Instructions for use
Manual: User Manual, romPower by Pictorial, Universal Life Plus,
Commonwealth Insurance
Manual: Handheld Computer Instructions, Kentucky Central Life Insurance
And several eproms
RomPower Capital Holding Master A
RomPower Capital Holding Master B
RomPower Capital Holding, Classic +, Indiv. Tables
KCL VIP
KCLVIP Util
KCL VIP Tables
If you need anything...
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
In 1983 at the end of taking a digital tech course at a community college
here in Toronto at George Brown CC, I spent about a month assembling and
debugging a trainer kit that my prof was marketing, similar but more
sophisticated than the Heathkit ET34400. It was called a M(icro)SOKit 68.
It was based , of course, like the ET3400 on the M6800 CPU. Does anyone have
one of these out there ? It was geared to teach students about micros by
building their own micro. I know he sold a number of them, but don't know how
many. I have the manual, parts #s, etc. if anyone is interested. Included in
the manual is a couple of pages of layouts obviously meant to be photocopied
and etched.
ciao larry
lwalker(a)interlog.com
<Okay, CP/M people: where would I find information on UZI? Someone was talki
<porting it to the 6502.
Simtel site or WWW.psyber.com/~tcj (uzi for z180 port). Note the bulk of
UZI is in C but the devices are in ASM.
Allison
<But wasn't the mini-floppy actually produced by iCom, and then labeled as
<a MITS product after Pertec acquired both MITS and iCom? What's the
<copyright date on your docs?
Yep, I have one of those. An Icom frugal floppy but that was 1771based.
Allison
<True enough I'm sure. MITS also produced a "mini"-floppy controller that
<was also a two board TTL set. The first board (computer interface) was th
<same board as in the 8" set (except for different RC values), the second
Well heres where I stand on it. Never seen one, I was there, and never
seen an advert for one, I have back issues. Was it possible, sure. The 8"
design with some tweeks would certainly do minifloppy.
Allison
HI All,
I need some help please. I have an ATI small wonder graphics solution
Ver. 2 P/N 18703 Rev.0 copyright 1988. I also have a DTK model PIP-151
W/8088 CPU in it and 640kb RAM.
My question on these two items is> Are they compatable?
If the answer to that question is yes, can, and will, someone give me
the jumper settings for jumpers 1,2,3 ?
If no, then what kind of adapter card do I need to hook up an IBM model
5153 monitor? I have several old moniter adapter cards.
Can I increase the RAM in the DTK PIP-151 past 640kb? If yes, how? If
no, thanks.
On another subject I took the APOLLO 400 apart and have some numbers to
ask about later, after I get to my other house, the one with the classic
computers in it.
John Amirault
Dear Charles,
I saw your ad on line. We have 7 or 8 860s, with spare parts for all.
There were 2 versions, one with a Pl printer where the orange print button was
pushed downwardly, to operate the printer; and 2) a HY-TYPE II printer, where
the orange printer button was pushed from front to back to start the printer.
If you have this latter version, with the very thick cable from the controller
to the printer, then the printer is a HY TYPE II, a rock solid machine, like a
battleship.
These have a few quirks. Sometimes, the pwr. sup. burps, and you lose the
boot-up. I was unable to fix this.
However, if you disconnect the printer when you do your composing, backing-up,
and so forth, the decreased load (printer not drawing current) will not cause
this burp to occur. At least that is what we found.
Hope you can get yours working.
Let me know how you are doing.
Thanks. Ken Lehmann, Fairfield, CT
I have some old 9-track tapes that are too grubby to read; they actually
get stuck in the drive and have to be manually rewound.
Does anyone have an extra magtape cleaner?
Sorry, I know this wasn't classic computer stuff but, I figured that you
guys would know the answer.
Let me push the question a bit more....
-How do they squeeze that much data down the line? Fiber-optics cabling
only? Data multiplexing?
-How do they discriminate the beginning of one packet from the end of
another when running at such high speeds?
>Arfon, this isn't "classic computer material." However, they work by being
>very fast. There are several architectures that support multigigahertz
>operation and by processing in parallel you get added avantages. Some of
>the first Gbit routers had several processors one for each packet that came
>in. I believe the Terabit routers are still doing this.
>
>--Chuck
>
>At 02:33 PM 2/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me how they gigabit ethernet works?
>>
>>How can they get such high data transfer rate and how can the cards process
>>the packets so fast???
>
>
>