I just obtained (and I shouldn't have) a nice unit. It is an externla
case made for 2 external drives, ith 2 full height 760mb SCSI hard
drives enclosed. Of course I've already been inside of it - what would
everyoe think of me if I hadn't been? Anyway, it's a Storage Solutions
(of San Jose, CA) model LAN2-1300S2PX and I was wondering if anyone else
has one, dealt with one, or has actual tech/users manuals they might be
nice enough to photocopy.
No. I haven't tried to contact this company yet but I will later today.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Once upon a midnight dreary, Arlen Michaels had spoken clearly:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Richard Erlacher <edick(a)idcomm.com> wrote:
>> BIOTECH ELECTRONICS BCT800 graphics board - uses AMI 68047 chip and 12
>> 2114's to produce 256x192 graphics and text.
>>
>I have an _unassembled_ kit for the BIOTECH card, but I'd love to get a
>copy of the documents, which I lack, and any software that accompanied it.
Erm, sounds like that AMI chip is a clone of Motorola's 6847 VDG, which was
used in Tandy's CoCo 1 & 2, and the MC-10.
I wonder:
1) if they're pin compatible,
2) if they've got added functionality -- might be fun to play with in one
of my CoCo's if there is!
See ya,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger --- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right??? Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.
If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Richard Erlacher <edick(a)idcomm.com> wrote:
<wonderful list shortened--drool, drool>
> Processor Technology "CUTS" cassette interface? board
>
> BIOTECH ELECTRONICS BCT800 graphics board - uses AMI 68047 chip and 12
> 2114's to produce 256x192 graphics and text.
>
I have an _unassembled_ kit for the BIOTECH card, but I'd love to get a
copy of the documents, which I lack, and any software that accompanied it.
I DO have documents for the Processor Tech CUTS board, if that's needed.
<more great stuff>
> Morrow Thinker Toys "Switchboard" Serial/Parallel I/O board - with doc's
>
I could use this to keep my much-appreciated Morrow Keyed-Up 8080 Cpu Card
company.
> in addition to the S-100 stuff, there are numerous 4-and 9-slot Multibus I
> cardcages and several memory boards, floppy and hard disk interface cards,
> and a few iSBC's I don't intend to keep.
>
I've also got some Multibus stuff. Is anyone into this?
--
Arlen Michaels amichael(a)nortelnetworks.com
Well . . . it's not MY kid that moving in, but the dog is glad . . . you
can count on that!
Dick
----------
> From: Joe <rigdonj(a)intellistar.net>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Big Board cpm system board (fwd)
> Date: Monday, February 22, 1999 1:11 PM
>
> At 08:47 AM 2/22/99 -0700, Dick said:
> >
> >Now that my kids are gone I've got to nag at someone.
> >
> Gee, I'll bet you're glad one of them is moving back in!
>
> Joe
Hey big and little iron fans: Found this in the ng comp.os.vms under title
"Anyone interested in tons of various PDP-11/780 and 785 boards". Looks
like the scrapper mentioned has some interesting stuff in addition to DEC
which he may sell just for scrap price if the price is right. A few of you
are from down in VA area I believe. Comments? Was posted to several other
ng's too.
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:19:31 GMT, Kent Rankin <srao(a)usit.net> wrote:
> I know of a metal scrapper in VA that has tons of PDP(/VAX)-11/780
>and 11/785 in his yard. With them are lots of other boxes(CDC, IBM,
>Intergraph, etc.).
>
> The PDP-11/78x's are packed with boards, all the way across. A
>fellow that was with me, when I checked them out, used to work for
>Intergraph(when they used PDP-11 and VAX) said that they all had 32MB of
>RAM.
>
> My question here lies with the acquisition of them. Would anyone be
>willing to pay some cash for them? The fellow is having a hard
>year(making much less than normal), and could use some help. The way I
>figure it, someone might need some of the boards. Just a shot in the
>dark, really.
>
> There are also some "floating point accelerators". They are made by
>Floating Point Systems.
>
> Tons of Power Supplies for the PDP's(H7-somethingorothers). Loads
>of hard drives and stuff.
>
> Anyhow, if anyone can help on this one, do tell me.
>
>
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Kent Rankin
>
Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt(a)netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association
URL: http://www.ggw.org/awa
Hi,
I've got five Apollo cartridge tapes that might be of interest to
Apollo collectors:
1) System Release Ver SR10.1 RAI
(three tapes)
015366 (and 015367, and 015368) REV. 00
CRTG_STD_SFW_1 (and _2 and _3)
2) 015365 REC.00
CRTG_STD_SFW_BOOT_1
SYSTEM RELEASE VER SR10.1 RAI
3) (hand written label)
SPE VER 1.3
SOURCE AREA
If you're interested, let me know.
sieler(a)allegro.com
Nope . . . yours was a "typergeographical" error . . . I was referring to
the OTHER email . . . the one you had received . . . we all suffer from
that "rented finger" syndrome from time to time . . . the other author
didn't know when to quit, e.g. "flopy" and "frammed."
Now that my kids are gone I've got to nag at someone.
Dick
----------
> From: Don Maslin <donm(a)cts.com>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Big Board cpm system board (fwd)
> Date: Sunday, February 21, 1999 9:35 PM
>
> On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Richard Erlacher wrote:
>
> > Maybe it would be well to send this fellow a spell-checker . . . ?
>
> I think I am the one with the 'fumble-fingers'!
>
> - don
>
> > ----------
> > > From: Don Maslin <donm(a)cts.com>
> > > To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
> > <classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> > > Subject: Big Board cpm system board (fwd)
> > > Date: Sunday, February 21, 1999 8:52 PM
> > >
> > >
> > > Iredeived the following e-mail today. Anyone interested should reply
> > > directly to the original sender.
> > > - don
Does anyone has an ALTAIR sticker that they don't need? I'm trying to get
rid of a C64 and would like to get lots of money for it.
Francois
PS: ;)
-----Original Message-----
From: Noel Fields <nfields(a)ix.netcom.com>
To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
Date: Monday, February 22, 1999 4:01 PM
Subject: Here's an odd item to look at!
>There is an interesting item up for sale on e-bay right now, for all you
>altair collectors. For the life of me, it looks like someone made a
>portable altair 8800.
>
>Is that what it is? Or is this just a part of an altair (I'm curious now!)
>
>Here is the address for those interested..
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=69787811
>
>Noel
>
Hi All,
At 04:21 PM 2/22/99 -0500, William wrote:
>
>As far as actually handling a tube - no they really are not very
>dangerous. If one makes sure to drain any high voltage points (twice for
>each, at least), follow all of the other high voltage advice already given
>(and probably in the FAQ), and do not drop the tube, you will be fine.
>Post 1960 CRTs are actually quite tough and will sustain a great deal of
>physical abuse. When they break, the neck shatters first and lets all the
>air in. The days of the nasty implosions due to no safety glass are gone.
>
There may be safety glass on the front, but the back sure can implode, not
just the neck. I once had a b/w TV CRT face down in a open cardboard box
and something heavy fell on it :-(. That's one way to learn not to put one
into that position again.
-Dave
<> > I am trying to compile a pictoral history of DEC handbooks. The tentati
<>
<> Besides the ones everybody has, I have an early DEC handbook:
<> Digital Logic Handbook, Sept 1960
<>
<> -- Doug
<
<That's got me beat: I've got 1967-68, but nothing older.
I have the clasic...
_introduction to programming_ 1972
I've seen older copies but mine is in good shape.
Others include the ubiquitous:
Small Computer handbook 1973
Pdp-11 peripheral handbook 1973-74
Microcomputer handbook 1976-77
Actually I have a good selection of the late 70s throuth the 80s PDP-11
hardware books.
One set I have it the two volume white books:
LSI-11 Systems Service Manual (for field sevice)
Allison