-----Original Message-----
From: Dwight Elvey <elvey(a)hal.com>
>> Anyone know where 1101 RAM chips are for sale (if at all?)
BTW, the pinouts for the 2102 is 1-a6,2-a5, 3-r/w, 4-a1,
5-a2,6-a3,7-a4,8-a0,9-gnd,10-vcc,11-din,12-dout,13-ce,14-a9,15-a8,16-a7.
So, what's the difference between the 2102 and 1101? 512 bits???
- Mike, dogas(a)leading.net
> Philip,
>
> You need to read the messages more closely. I was the one that found the
I probably do, but I don't have time for that :-) In fact I didn't see your
message at all! (and I've been getting other Classiccmp messages out of order,
but that's nothing new)
> EXEC command and posted it here. And yes I had already talked to Rick
> about them but he couldn't remember the command or anything about it. I
> told you about that conversation. It wasn't till I posted the message about
> the EXEC command and Rick read it that it stuck a chord and he remembered
> the codes to use with it.
Oh, you mean you'd already _tried_ to pick Rick's brains. That's something
quite different ;-) ;-) ;-)
Philip.
As the Amiga 1000 has been brought up ....
Sometime last year I acquired an Amiga 1000 (Built Feb 1986) and an
Amiga 500 but only recently have I got arround to playing with them.
The 1000 came with a sidecar unit and by now you should have
guessed what I'm about to ask ....
I've got the 1000, I've got the sidecar, I've got kickstart
and workbench but I haven't got the
software required to access the sidecar from the amiga.
The sidecar has 448K of memory (256K on motherboard (with
space for another 256K) plus 3x64K on a ISA card (with space for
another 64K) and a hardcard (which hopefully has an amiga partition).
Anyone out there have this software or know where I can get it
from,
Ta,
Doug.
Keep in mind that the 820 is from Xerox and the 802/803/806 . . . are from
Televideo. The TVI stuff is MUCH more sophisticated in design and
packaging, not to mention capabilities. The TVI models used the 1793 and
5.25" DSDD while the XEROX used the 1771 with 8" SSSD . . .
Dick
----------
> From: Don Maslin <donm(a)cts.com>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Xerox 820 family almost complete
> Date: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 1:38 PM
>
> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Joe wrote:
>
> > At 10:45 PM 2/23/99 -0800, George wrote:
> >
> > >Is there still a source for 5.25 inch CP/M for the Xerox 820?
> > >
> >
> > Will the CPM for the 803 or one of the other models work on the 820?
> > Does anyone know what the capability is between the various Televiedo
models?
>
> No, and for a variety of reasons, Joe. First. the 820 can only read
single
> density disks and the TeleVideo disks are all double density. Even the
> DD 820-II disk uses a single density first track, so it would choke too.
> Second, the Xerox 820 disks read all of the first side before even
> venturing into the second side, whereas, the TeleVideo machines read the
> tracks on both sides of the disk before moving the heads to the nexr
> track. Third, there are other format differences also. Different number
> of sectors per track, different skew, ...
>
> As to the Televideo disks, most of the machines can read/write another
> models disks. However, there is much less commonality between CP/M
> operating systems used. A few will interchange, others will not.
>
> - don
>
I only mentioned it because I was occasionally prone to mix them up myself.
They had numerous things in common. They were both single-board types of
approximately the same size, they both ran CP/M, they both used a Z-80 . .
Dick
----------
> From: Joe <rigdonj(a)intellistar.net>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Xerox 820 family almost complete
> Date: Thursday, February 25, 1999 1:37 AM
>
> Dick,
>
> At 10:46 PM 2/24/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Keep in mind that the 820 is from Xerox and the 802/803/806 . . . are
from
> >Televideo.
>
> Yeah, I realized that after Don posted his reply. I don't know what I
> was thinking of when I asked that question.
>
> Joe
Hi Sam and all,
At 09:03 PM 2/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Dave Dameron wrote:
>
>> I have both the AMD and Intel data sheets for the 1101(A). They also may be
>> in a early (~1976) Intel data catalog.
>
>Cool. Is it a couple pages I can convince you to photocopy and mail out
>for a future favor?
Yes, the Intel data sheet is 4 pages.
>
>> >Anyone know where 1101 RAM chips are for sale (if at all?)
>>
>> A few years ago I searched all over the place, not only Halted, James, ACP,
>> and any other advertisers in early Byte magagines that might still exist,
>> but the "obsolete ic" house resellers too. Remember the ads for "8008 +8
>> 2102's"? I only found about 3 "tubes", but may not ever use them as wire
>> wrapping 8 chips give only 256 bytes. How many do you want?
>>
>> Can't you find this stuff by the barrel and data sheets by the ream there
>> in Si valley :-)? ..Like a west coast "Poly Pac's".
>
>Probably at one of these surplus shops somewhere. I've just never looked
>before (never had a need until now). Based on some of the exotic things
>I've found over the years, I don't doubt there's at least one of
>everything laying around this great Valley somewhere (I know there's an
>IBM 360 stashed in someone's garage waiting to be liberated).
I think I bought some 1101's at Alltronics in San Jose. Also, for those
looking for replacements, the Mostek MK4007 seems functionally and pinout
the same, although they call it a dynamic ram?
-Dave
>
>Sellam Alternate e-mail:
dastar(a)siconic.com
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
>Always hasslin' the man.
>
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Dameron <ddameron(a)earthlink.net>
>For the 8008, the best is the mcs8 microcomputer set users manual. Someone
>on the list just found one in the last week or 2. I probably have a
That would be me... Let me know is some info is still needed
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
<We've had to keep our clock set back to preserve our VMS and TCP/IP
<and NFS and numerous other packages...
<
<Anyone have a clue as to how we can preserve the software without
<moving to some 'hobby' license of a newer VMS?
The hobbiest licensse supports version of VMS from 5.4 through 6.1. It may
not however support things like UCX.
Allison
To answer earlier questions...
Yes, this is an indoor event. Two floors worth. I've not been to TRW in
years, but I have attended Bay Area swap meets such as the Livermore and
Foothill events.
For those that have done the same, I would guess the size of the Puyallup
event as about half again as big as Livermore (conservative).
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
The Puyallup swap meet takes place the second Saturday of each year at the
site of WA's annual Puyallup Fair (a livestock and amusement thing). Since
it is sponsored and put on by one of the local ham radio clubs, it is not
dedicated to computer hardware, though I have definitely seen 'classic'
stuff show up there.
It's primarily electronics: Communications (radio), along with test gear.
I regret that we only have room at the house for a single guest (John), and
that I have only one additional admission tag to cover him.
Anyone else who wants to come, feel free, but you'll be on your own for
lodging. The event actually starts Saturday the 13th at 09:00.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."