On Feb 27, 15:40, Max Eskin wrote:
> Subject: OT: 30-pin SIMMS
> Does anyone here have any 30-pin SIMMs as often found in i386 computers
> that are more than 1 megabyte? I have 1-mb SIMMs but I've never seen
> bigger ones
Quite a few of my machines -- including one PC-compatible and a couple of
Sparcs -- have 30-pin 4MB SIMMs. They're fairly common.
--
Pete Peter Turnbull
Dept. of Computer Science
University of York
Hey,
TRW was a blast this morning. I found a Sony SMC-70G computer. I looks a
little like an old laptop. Does anyone have the OS for this machine? It has
the video titler modification. The cool thing about the computer is the two
3.5' Drive bays. Sony developed the 3.5" disk for this computer. It was
their first "micro computer." I also scored an original TRS-80 monitor
that still works.
I have about 15 Apple II e and a few Plus, about 20 floppie drives, some
manuals, power supplies, and a selection of language cards, etc. Anyone
interested. I am not looking to make money, just looking to help anyone that
might be collecting this stuff.
At 11:02 27-02-1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Might I suggest that you hand out the remaining licenses for a flat rate
>of $20 to anyone who does not come in before you actually do the purchase?
<snip>
Actually, Sellam, the question may be rendered academic, because...
1 SHARE LEFT! Yes, folks, we're up to 24 shares (some people bought two).
We've got one left, and if no one else speaks up I think I may pick it up
myself.
Soooo.... does anyone else want a copy of Teledisk? With the number of
folks we've got now, the remaining share would be around $6 and change.
Anyone?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
Power supply for model 70, like new and works fine. Gutted machine for
motherboard related errors and have teted this unit with other 70's -
works flawlessly. $5.00 plus applicable USPS rate, about 5 lbs weight
>from zip 40144. Needs to go soon, we're looking at a move soon.
Payable by money order, USA and APO/FPO addresses only please.
Good Morning,
Today, I saw an interesting typewriter from the late '70s/early '80s
called a Hermes 51 Level 4. It's an enormous 135-column daisy wheel with
erasing tape. What is interesting about it is that it has an external disk
drive, connected to it with an extremely thick cable. The drive is called
a 'microdisk' according to the reference card. It allows storage of text.
Looks like a scaled-down VHS tape rewinder. I have never seen any disk
that might fit it. Does anyone know anything about this machine? This
might be one of the first 'word processor' typewriters. It also has a
green LED display and a light-and-mirror system to make sure the operator
can easily read the paper as it is being printed.
BTW: I also saw a Rainbow 100. Anything distinguishing it from any other
CPM/MS-DOS machine?
--Max Eskin (max82(a)surfree.com)
WHOA! Stop the presses! I goofed.
A couple of people in the group ordered two shares in the group buy for
Teledisk, so I screwed up in the previous message.
We have FIVE (5) shares left. The deadline of tomorrow at 17:00 Pacific is
still in effect.
If we get a full 25 people in on this, the total cost with shipping will
be $6.12 per person.
Let me know! Thanks...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
Well! This is going better than I ever expected!
We've got 17 people so far, counting myself, interested in chipping in for
a copy of Teledisk. This has brought the per-person price down to $9.00
(assuming $150 for the program plus $3.00 shipping).
We have eight slots left out of 25 originally, and it occurs to me that I
should probably set a deadline. For the moment, that deadline is 17:00
Pacific Time Sunday (2-28). In other words, tomorrow by five.
If you're interested in getting in on this, please let me know via private
E-mail by then.
Thanks to all who've signed up so far.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
At 12:40 PM 2/26/99 -0800, you wrote:
>
>Does anybody know when Hewlett-Packard made the Model 130C oscilloscope?
>Its tube based. The serial number is 503-03353.
>
>Any pointers would be appreciated.
Well I can tell you that it was made in the 3rd week of 1965. It may be
in my '68 catalog. I'll check next time I pull it out.
Joe
In case it's of interest to anyone, I found the (5-1/4") CP/M boot diskette
for my TS806's. What's the best way to make this available to those who
want it? I'm not sure I can dupe it without setting up one of the
machines? I could do that I guess, but am inclined to let sleeping dogs
lie . . . .
Dick
----------
> From: Richard Erlacher <edick(a)idcomm.com>
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Wanted: TeleVideo CP/M machine(s)
> Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 9:16 PM
>
> Perhaps I can help . . . I have a couple of TS806's sans HDD. Any
> interest?
>
> regards,
>
> Dick
>
> ----------
> > From: Doug Auerbach <douga(a)email.com>
> > To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
> <classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> > Subject: Wanted: TeleVideo CP/M machine(s)
> > Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 9:01 PM
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm looking for a TeleVideo CP/M machine, particularly the TS-803 or
> > TS-1603. If you have one of these computers, or one similar to this
one
> > (not including the portable), I'd be interesting in buying it. Or, if
> you
> > have suggestions on where else I might look for one, I'd really
> appreciate
> > it. These were great machines, but they're hard to find now!
> >
> > Actually, I may be interested in two of these, if they're available.
> This
> > may turn into a crazy project, but I have the idea of taking one of
them
> and
> > replacing the guts with a standard PC motherboard/hd/ram/power supply
> > combination to run Linux on it. The TeleVideo 803/1603 has a unique
> case,
> > which would make for a great looking computer even today. The trick
> would
> > be maitaining compatibility with the keyboard cable and monitor; not to
> > mention fitting the components inside reliably. But what a coup it
would
> > be!
> >
> > Thanks. I'm in the Seattle area, fwiw.
> >
> >
> > Doug Auerbach
> >