Hi,
I got this request from another transputer user. Apparently he has
a T9000 SuperCluster with no documentation & software. Parsys Ltd
is no longer in business, so does anyone have the so mentioned software
and documentation. Thanks.
Ram
PS: He also has a network interface card that is called IMSB013 and the
transputer motherboard that looks like a TMB12 from Transtech. He also
has all the power supplies and the case.
>I have one question...if you read the DEC/Compaq license
>agreement at: http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/license_terms.html
>you'll see that the agreement is only for one year.
>What happens after one year?
The license PAK's you get issued expires after one year. At this point,
you re-register with DECUS and they issue you a set of new PAK's.
--
Tim Shoppa Email: shoppa(a)trailing-edge.com
Trailing Edge Technology WWW: http://www.trailing-edge.com/
7328 Bradley Blvd Voice: 301-767-5917
Bethesda, MD, USA 20817 Fax: 301-767-5927
Upon the date 03:21 AM 2/24/99 -0800, Sellam Ismail said something like:
>
>Did Hans Franke die or something? I haven't heard even a peep from that
>loquacious Bavarian in a while.
Yeah, it has been a bit quiet around here :)
I wonder if he's away from home on business. He works for Siemens Business
Services (www.sbs.de) in Munich and I think I recall that he manages
software development projects. SBS is a rather large systems integrator,
consultant and outsourcing provider, so he could be anywhere on a job.
Christine works there too in the Human Resources dept.
>
>Maybe John Zabolitzky has heard from him in the past few weeks?
>
>Christian, do you have his telephone number by any chance?
No, I haven't yet got his number although Beverly and I plan to _someday_
get back over there (depending on my job schedule whenever I find a new
job) and should get it anyway. I find there are seven phone listings for
Hans Franke in M?nchen and I don't know his exact address either. John Z.
could dig deeper over there I'm sure.
He'll reappear sometime I'm sure. I think this group is a bunch he can't
stay away from now :)
Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt(a)netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association
URL: http://www.ggw.org/awa
Hi Stan,
----------
> From: ss(a)allegro.com
> To: Discussion re-collecting of classic computers
<classiccmp(a)u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: OpenVMS Hobbyist Program V2.0
> Date: Monday, March 01, 1999 11:20 AM
> I have one question...if you read the DEC/Compaq license
> agreement at: http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/license_terms.html
> you'll see that the agreement is only for one year.
>
> What happens after one year?
You sign up again ;-))
Same as in the old hobbyist license ...
cheers,
emanuel
How to Maintain the Nova (1969) - US$35
CS/20 Illustrated Parts Breakdown - 016-000681-00 - US$10
Nova 800 Technical Manual - 015-000004-02 & 016-000016-01 - US$20
Nova 830 Nova 840 Technical Manual - 015-000039-00 (some handwriting in it)
- US$15
Nova 840 Technical Manual - 015 000020-01 - US$20
Nova 1220 Technical Manual - 015-000011-04 - US$20
SuperNova Computer Technical Manual - 015-000008-01 - US$20
microNOVA Board Computer MBC/1 Data Manual - US$5
microNOVA Integrated Circuits Data Manual - US$5
An Introduction to Microproducts and the Micron Operating System - US$5
Microproducts Hardware Systems Reference - US$10
MP/OS Utilities Reference - US$8
MP/100 Computer System - US$8
Communications Interfaces and Character Device Controllers - US$5
Input/Output and Interfacing (Microproducts) - US$3
Sensor I/O - US$3
Disk and Diskette Drives - US$3
MPT/100 Computer System I/O Programmer's Reference - US$8
All items are in excellent condition unless otherwise noted. Prices do not
include shipping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
Kevin Stumpf * Unusual systems * www.unusual.on.ca
+1.519.744.2900 * EST/EDT GMT - 5
Collector - Commercial Mainframes & Minicomputers from
the 50s, 60s, & 70s and control panels and consoles.
Author & Publisher - A Guide to Collecting Computers &
Computer Collectibles * ISBN 0-9684244-0-6
.
I'm curious, has anyone ever sat down and figured out how best to define a
database that would hold info on all thier Classic Computer documentation.
You know stuff like DEC Fiche, DEC Handbooks, manuals, catalogues,
brouchures, etc.?
Does anyone have any thoughts on what info should be captured? For
example, a randomly selected piece of Fiche yields the following info:
Colour: Brown Bar
Title: Mini Index 83-05
???: Hardware Documentation Library Index, Updateing and User Information
Part Number?: EP-0MINI-IX-05
Copyright: 1983
Fiche 1 of 1
Produced By: Digital
I can see needing a field that is something like machine type that would
be; PDP-11, PDP-8, VAX, Terminal, Printer, Tape Drive, Disk Drive, etc.
Properly defined this database could be used for more than just DEC Doc's,
which is my primary concern at the moment.
Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh(a)aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh(a)holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------+
| Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |
Honeywell DPS6 & Level 6 GCOS 6 Mod 400 Programmer's Pocket Guide (CZ07-01)
- US$6
DEC PDP-9 & 9/L Instruction List, and PDP-9/L COMPACT Software System - US$6
DEC VAX-11 Programming Card - free
DEC MicroVMS Programming Pocket Reference - free
HP MPE III software pocket guide (April 1978) - still in binding, but well
used - US$3
HP MPE software pocket guide (3" by 5" binder) (April 1981) - has name
written on cover - US$6
HP MPE software pocket guide (3" by 5" binder) (April 1981) -- US$7
Intel 8080 Assembly Language Reference Card (March 1978), and 8" by 11"
MCS-8 Users Manual Rev 2 (November 1972) - US$17
All items are in excellent condition unless otherwise noted and prices
include ground shipment through Canada Post/US Mail.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
Kevin Stumpf * Unusual systems * www.unusual.on.ca
+1.519.744.2900 * EST/EDT GMT - 5
Collector - Commercial Mainframes & Minicomputers from
the 50s, 60s, & 70s and control panels and consoles.
Author & Publisher - A Guide to Collecting Computers &
Computer Collectibles * ISBN 0-9684244-0-6
.
<Does anyone here have any 30-pin SIMMs as often found in i386 computers
<that are more than 1 megabyte? I have 1-mb SIMMs but I've never seen
<bigger ones
You can still buy 30pin simms (256k, 1mb, 4mb) from JDR. the 4mb parts are
scarce and finding them for less than 10$ is hard. The 1mb parts are like
flies and they can be had for nearly nothing.
Allison
On Feb 28, 0:08, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> >Chuck wrote:
> >> On the tape drive in the BA123, it has a plain black front with a
button
> >> and two LEDs, one orange and one green. TK50? Where could I get media
for
> >> it? What does it look like?
> >
> >Maybe an Exabyte 8200 drive (8 mm)? But those aren't standard equipment
on
> >the uVAX II, and would require a SCSI controller.
>
> Yipes, looking over at my _Exabyte 8500_ it has a little black button
that
> has a green LED above an orange one directly to the right of the button.
> I'd guess the drive in question is a 8500, all the 8200's I've seen have
> beige faceplates. This makes sense seeing as how the MVII in question
has
> SCSI Hard Drives.
Both of my ExaByte 8200's have black faceplates. However, the LEDs are
side-by-side about 1.25" from the left side of the drive, and the button is
on the right.
When the drive is powered up, what do the LEDs do? If you press the
button, does the front open to allow you to insert a tape, like a miniature
VHS machine? Or does it just have an open slot to slide a cartridge into?
--
Pete Peter Turnbull
Dept. of Computer Science
University of York
<Which simply means, carry a screwdriver with you at all times :) In fact,
<PC clones sometimes have interesting software on them. I once saw a Compaq
<Portable that had a network card and had apparently been used in some sort
<of DEC network.
Yes, DEC sold cards and networking software to work with the VAX (DECNET)
systems. The software started as PCSA, later known as PATHWORKS and
TEAMLINKS. Since I have and use vaxen the software would be a find. The
net cards are standard eithernet.
Allison