For a scan of the BASIC syntax Guidelines got to:
www.pclink.com/fauradon
you'll find it in the "tech info" section
Francois
>At the last TRW, John picked up an HP85 that he stuck me with :). If
anyone
>is interested in it, $10 plus shipping from zip 93105. I haven't weighed it
>yet, but that can be done if anyone is interested. Condition unknown, but
>the guy said his son plugged it in and it worked. No manuals, plugins,
etc.
>come with the unit. I also plugged it in, and it ran my usual:
>
>10 print "hello"
>20 goto 10
>
>program with no problems, and it sounded like the printer was trying to
>print each iteration of the program. The tape drive roller is gooey
>although it is still round at this point :).
>
>Ahh, I see. However since I don't have an M7555 the cables aren't
>connected to anything underneath the backplane. This box has the WQESD
>for the disks and the 7546 for the TK50 (now MIA :-). Good to know.
There is also a little panel, secured by a couple of screws, through
which a cable for a TK50 passes. This pass-through could also be
used for the cables from the WQESD, so long as they are long enough
to run all the way from the board to the disk.
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
I have three Torch C series machines that I no longer want. They are the
BBC architecture machines and NOT the variants that run Unix. I have two
hard disk based systems and one dual floppy system. One of the hard disk
based machines is in a pretty poor state so is probably best used for
spares. I do have some floppies for these machines. They are free to a
good home. They are very heavy so collection is probably best. I
am in Cambridge, UK.
--
Kevan
Collector of old computers: http://www.heydon.org/kevan/collection/
I have some that I got from DEC surplus new and I think I have a couple used
ones for a whole lot cheaper than either of the prices for mentioned.
68 pin HD to 50 pin Centronics.
Dan
>> >
>> > I just ordered an external SCSI cable for my VaxStation 3100 model 40 -
which
>> > everyone said was terribly expensive due to it being a wierd connector.
>> > I ordered it from 1-800-digital and they want $58(us) + tax. For those
>> > with 3100 model 40s (it changes from model to model) the part number is
>> > 17-02-008-02.
>> >
>>
>>
>> I'd also like to point DECheads looking for cables to a place called
>> SeaCoast Digital, at http://www.seadec.com/. They have some dirt-cheap
>> prices on DEC cables. I'm sure you -don't- want to hear this now, Jim,
>> but I've ordered the exact same cable through seadec myself, and it was
>> $28.00 (sorry!). They're a very good source for that kind of thing.
>> I can't vouch for their other parts, as I've not compared prices for
>> memory or option boards etc. But definitely check them out if you need
>> cables.
>>
>> -Seth
>
>I'm looking at their web site now and they want 50 bucks for the same
cable.
>35 bucks for the 3 foot version.
>
>--
>Jim Strickland
>jim(a)DIESPAMMERSCUMcalico.litterbox.com
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Vote Meadocrat! Bill and Opus in 2000 - Who ELSE is there?
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
I may have posted this before but I'm getting nervous. I saw an HP 125
computer at the Salvation Army Store at Lansdowne and Queen in Toronto. It
is all there but the keyboard, monitor, and box are slowly being seperated.
The manager has said $25 but I suspect that you could get him down to
about $20 at least as its been there so long. No I will not ship it but if
there is anyone in the area who wants it, get there quick. I,
unfortunately, have NO ROOM! left for much of anything. I am told it works
fine. I've never seen one before and suspect I may never again. Please
someone get it. Already the manuals have gone missing.
Colan
>Please, no attachments!
>
>Give a address to website if anyone is insterested to look at it.
>
>Some users on List have very limited resources and some dial in
>by the minute pay or by hour. $$$.
A thousand pardons - I should have known better. Sorry to all on the list!
Jay West
Bruce:
Okay, so this means I still owe you $6.12 for my share, right?
Jeff
On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:02:25 -0800 Bruce Lane
<kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com> writes:
> I would like to extend a warm 'thanks!' to all of you who
>participated in
>the Teledisk Pro group buy.
>
> We've sold all our available shares. Sydex said that we
>definitely had to
>limit it to 50 people, tops, and that we've now got.
>
> I would also like to thank our list moderator (cripes, I don't
>even know
>who it is nowadays...) for allowing me to coordinate this effort on
>CLASSICCMP.
>
> Now the real work starts... getting the paperwork done! ;-)
>
>
>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
>http://www.bluefeathertech.com
>Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
>SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
>"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in
>our own
>human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
>
___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>Another observation is that the BA23 chassis has the connectors under the
>control box for an RDxx drive but there doesn't seem to be a controller
>in the uVax for them unless this controller was integrated into the CPU
>card or something? Its darn difficult to see where the cables come from
>and go to in the narrow tower, very unusual design it seems.
The controller (an RQDX1, 2 or 3) plugs into the backplane. The ribbon
cable from it runs under the card cage to the bottom of the backplane,
where there is a distribution board which splits the signals into
connectors for cables connect to up to two hard drives, and one
connector for a floppy.
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
"emanuel stiebler" <emu(a)ecubics.com> wrote":
>If i read that right, there are 10 switches on this board. Switch 7 & 8
>are defined as:
>
>7 8
>off off Arbiter
>on off auxiliary 1
>off on auxiliary 2
>on on auxiliary 3
>
>Switch 7 is connected to pin 4 of the J2 connector (20 pin connector)
>Switch 8 is connected to pin 5 of the J2 connector.
Thanks... I'll have to recheck the manual, I guess I missed it. Now
I have to figure out what 'off' means... shorting pin 4 to what other
pin (shorted low or high).
I'm thinking of trying a KA630 as a coprocessor in a qbus pdp-11
system.
The KA650 manual mentions using the same board, but it says that only
the off-off configuration is supported. I wonder if the KA650 can
be a co-processor as well... But then, the KA650 doesn't have on-board
memory.
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+