I promised to mail a Sharp CE100D bubble memory cartrige to someone and I've
lost the e-mail with the address, name, etc. Whoever you were, would you accept
my humble appologies and send me your addy again?
--
Jim Strickland
jim(a)DIESPAMMERSCUMcalico.litterbox.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Meadocrat! Bill and Opus in 2000 - Who ELSE is there?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
From: Megan <mbg(a)world.std.com>
>Hey, neat! I have my ET-3400 still, and I also didn't know one of
>those existed. If you find a second one, I would be much appreciative
>if you would send me a pointer...
Will do Megan! They (et3400s) are fun, arent they...
;)
- Mike:dogas@leading.net
>I've got a Q-bus board I can't identify, its labelled:
> Data Systems Design
> 44432-4
I know DSD made RX02/RL02 disk emulators... maybe it is a
controller for one of them?
See if there is a 'chip' which has bands of metal -- almost
like a set of fuses... this is used to configure it.
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
>Yup, and there is a jumper buried over on the side that is labelled "RX01
>EN" (presumably to enable it as an RX01 controller).
>So I think we've got it nailed as an RX01/RX02 controller, which is cool
>since I've got an RX01 drive, but those are 8" drives and the connector
>is only 26 pins. What I'm looking for is an M7555 or equivalent to
>control a couple of RX33's on one of the uVaxen (and RX33s too). My plan
>being that if I can re-configure a loadable media type on my second uVax
>it would be something tradeable in the future.
Be careful... it wants to talk to the RX01/02 equivalent designed
by DSD... it most probably will NOT speak to a true DEC RX01/RX02
drive...
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
Saturday evening I went to a friend's business who was subleasing
part of his shop to a gentleman doing 'surplus' here in Southern
California. The gentleman regretfully passed away suddenly around
New Years, leaving a lot of Stuff behind, which we are liquidating
for the man's estate and widow.
So: here are some DEC/classiccmp related items, a few of which
might be of some interest to list-members. I bought these items as a
lot, and will indicate which are available to the Community. (*)
Two Siemens System 300 desktop card readers, still set up for
230vac/50htz. *
Some kind of DEC test box, in a large blue alum. case, marked only
model 93-07402, containing an RX02 disk and a printset; the disk is
marked DGSBA.A11 (S/X REC.) and the printsets are marked SX
TRANSLATOR.*
Three nice leather shipping cases containing RL01/2 disks:
in one, three disks RLO1K
DX-T502K-MC CZZLDK0 DLDP V2 RL1 DIAG Pkg 1
Pkg 2
Pkg 3
in the second, 2 disks RL02K
BC-EH95I-MC CZZLOTTO DLDP V2 R2 DIAG
Scratch
In the third, 2 disks RL02K
BC-FI18S-DE 000MUB9526 VAX 8600/8650 CNSL W/DIAG
(Both disks marked the same) *
A PMK05 Unibus Exerciser w/doc and two paper tapes marked:
MAINDEC-11-DZKUA-C-PB 6/3/76 nr Unibus Systems Exerciser Diag.
MAINDEC-11-DZKUB-A-PB 3/24/76 nr Unibus Exerciser Module Diag.
A Wilson Laboratories SX-530 Disk Memory Exerciser, set and cabled
for SMD devices (wooo-hooo!) With doc and adpaters, and a supplement
for FUJI units.
A Pertech card-sized laminator with a hundred DIGITAL logo cards
and plastic carriers for them, waiting to be laminated.
A Digital portable fiche reader w/two lenses (24x and 42x)
[Visidyne]*
A Massbus T.D.R. adapter for the PDP-10... hooks up to a
Tektronix 1502 Time Domain Reflectometer to diagnose Massbus
continuity and signal integrity. With docs and adapters. (No Tek
1502, though... damn!) Manual says: "TDR testing of Massbus I/O
bus, Memory BUs, and Channel Bus. *
A VAX 8600/8650 Backplane Repair kit and manual marked "Backplane
Repair Seminar Manual" This kit is in a nice Halliburton case and
is full of all those wierd and wonderful tools, all made of
unobtanium. *
A TU58 dual external drive with cables and M8043 and Pocket
Service Guide.
A PRS01 portable paper tape reader with service docs, many cables,
and DLv11 card... geared for slow speed.
A Digital-badged Termiflex handheld data display/entry device...
looks brand new... two lines of about 24 Alpha LEDs.
A Fluke 8020 Dig Multimeter in a leather case w/Dec markings.
A T.I. Silent 700/707 Very Tiny terminal... about the size of an
EPSON HX-10 or Radio Shack 100... in a well-worn heavy cloth
carrying case, complete with detached acoustic phone coupler, power
brick, and one unused roll of thermal paper.
There is more DEC-related stuff still at the place, including maybe
6 or 7 temp/humidity circular chart recorders... more of the
Termiflex units.. about ten more suitcase-type testers and exerciser
boxes, and about a ton of non-list-realted test equipment I'm going
to sort thru in the next few weeks.
Any interest.. please e-mail and I will forward further info.
Cheers
John
I have a beutiful example waiting for a less crowded environment.
I don't usually rate gear by appearance but this one's an 8 or 9. It
has a spare 20ma card and complete oper and tech docs.
This unit is 10/15/30 cps, 132 columns... classic DEC console.
Yours for the asking in Southern California.. will deliver within
a radius determined by your ability to bribe me.
Can not ship... I have way too many items to ship to folks
already.
Let me know.
Cheers
John
I've got a Q-bus board I can't identify, its labelled:
Data Systems Design
44432-4
Its a dual height card with a 26 pin idc connector on the top and two
82S100 chips. I'm guessing it is some sort of parallel interface...
--Chuck
For so long on this list, I have been reading about peoples "good days",
"lucky days" and so on. Now at last, I can talk about my "real beaut" day!
A local collector, not known previously to me, put a post on one of the
"aus.forsale" newsgroups saying he wanted to thin out his collection, and he
preferred a person take the "off-load" as one lot. Thanks to a "heads-up"
>from Andrew Davie, I got in first (as it turns out, no one else offered to
take the lot) and the previous owner even volunteered to bring it all around
in his van. The delivery consisted of:
EACA Genie III, an all-in-one 2x5.25" and monitor (TRS-80 compatible and
CP/M)
CPT 8525, an all-in-one 2x8" drive and page-view monitor
Spectravideo 328 with 605 Expander containing 2x5.25" drives and 80 column
card
Hitachi MB6890K ("Peach") with Hitachi MP-3550 dual floppy and Hitachi
monitor
Hitachi MB6890K (another) with 3rd party dual floppy unit and two other
expansion cards
IBM 5150, made in the Wangaratta plant in Australia that IBM ran for a few
years, with a 64K-256K board and cassette connector
IBM DisplayWriter (Model 6580) with 2 x 2 x 8" drive units (ie 2 lots of
double 8" drive modules)
Digital Professional 350 but without its hard drive (but a double floppy)
and 2 x VR201 monitors
TRS-80 MC-10 with 16K expansion
TRS-80 Model III 16K with no drives
TRS-80 Model III 48K with 2x5.25" drives
TRS-80 Model 4 64K with 2x5.25" drives
TRS-80 Color Computer 1
TRS-80 Color Computer 2 with NEC PC-8032B dual 5.25" disc unit and TRS-80
Line Printer VIII
VIC-20
Dick Smith System 80 cassette system
Microbee Series 2 Colour
Microbee Series 3 128K with Microbee Disc System (5.25" in large shoebox)
And all the previous owner wanted ... a swap for my Apple ][+ which he
needed for a project he was working on now. Thanks Chris, if you are reading
this, much appreciated and valued. Shouldn't be too hard to find
another ][+.
Of these computers, the CPT is the least known (to me). I can find only one
mention of it on the Web and that guy didn't even have a boot disk for it.
At least I have some 8" disks (don't know if it works yet, still got to do
the preliminary check-out before applying power). One of the floppies says
"Tandon CPT" on it (hand-written) and a sticker somewhere suggests it was
built in Ireland. I'd appreciate some more info on it.
Hardly anything on the net about this chunky IBM Display Writer either, its
not even on the Comprehensive Computer Catalog as far as I can see ...
Anyone got a spare monitor cable for the Hitachi Peach's? (Luckily, they
also have B&W monochrome output so I can see that this system works).
Now, I've got plenty to do for a while ...
Phil Guerney
in Brisbane, Australia
From: Tony Duell <ard(a)p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
>>However, the reason I've replied is that I have the tech manuals for the
>HP150 (schematics, programming info, etc), so if there's anything you
>need me to look up (or if you need help fixing it ever), feel free to ask.
Thanks Tony, you'll be the first to know if I get stuck once I start digging
in it. ;) I think it works. It comes up in some kind of terminal
configuration mode and eventually fails on an OS load... ;( What do you
expect for $18.
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net