> It's a bus adapter that's part of a system that
> *emulates* a RX01 or RX02 controller. It doesn't
> actually drive a RX01/02 (40-pin connector), nor does
> it directly drive a Shugart 801-style drive (50-pin
> connector). What you need is a DSD440 chassis,
> which has a rather smart Z80-based board in it that
> converts from the DSD 26-pin connector to the Shugart
> 50-pin bus.
Ooh... I think I have one of these with a Unibus
adapter. I'll have to dig it out and open it up.
IIRC, the DSD drives _can_ format floppies.
> There were also bus adapters for the Unibus and
> Omnibus available.
I'd love to find an Omnibus module for it. Didn't
know it existed.
-ethan
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Fandt <cfandt(a)netsync.net>
>No problem Mike! ;)
Alright Christian, schwing!
>I've got my ETA-3400 packed away with the ET-3400 and a bunch of other
>docs. I built both from kits back in 1981/82. I'll have to dig around for
>the box (one of those *many* boxes we still need to go through after moving
>into this house a year ago.) Found two boxes I'd never opened from my last
>move into the old house 22 years ago! Contained good radio parts to keep
>though :)
>
>Anyway, I'll have to hunt for and pull out the ETA-3400 docs and find a way
>to make copies for you. May have to go to a commercial copy house and pay
>as I've not got a new job yet (which usually comes with a copier ;) Is
>that okay Mike?
Any convenient way for you is fine with me. (Hurry! ;) )
>BTW, this was a really fun accessory to the ET-3400. Learned my first uP
>and some basic computing from the ET. Hence, my lean toward Motorola's uP
>families and away from the Intel types.
>
>IIRC, the ETA has Tiny Basic in ROM. I recall having fun lashing it up to
>my new, freshly-built H-19 terminal and later, my freshly-built H-8
>computer via a terminal program (which I've long forgotten which) from the
>HUG. Those were the days! :-) :-) :-)
Cool, TB too... truely a magical little box. (My H8 and H19 is sitting on
the sidelines waiting to talk to their brother...) In the mean time, I'll
go back and dig in the old Remarks and see if I can find anything more on it
>Regards, Chris
Thanks!
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
>Yup, and there is a jumper buried over on the side that is labelled "RX01
>EN" (presumably to enable it as an RX01 controller).
>
>So I think we've got it nailed as an RX01/RX02 controller, which is cool
>since I've got an RX01 drive, but those are 8" drives and the connector is
>only 26 pins.
It's a bus adapter that's part of a system that *emulates* a RX01 or RX02
controller. It doesn't actually drive a RX01/02 (40-pin connector), nor does
it directly drive a Shugart 801-style drive (50-pin connector). What you need
is a DSD440 chassis, which has a rather smart Z80-based board in it that
converts from the DSD 26-pin connector to the Shugart 50-pin bus.
There were also bus adapters for the Unibus and Omnibus available.
--
Tim Shoppa Email: shoppa(a)trailing-edge.com
Trailing Edge Technology WWW: http://www.trailing-edge.com/
7328 Bradley Blvd Voice: 301-767-5917
Bethesda, MD, USA 20817 Fax: 301-767-5927
OK, here's a challenge that I hope one (or more) of you will rise too. I
found something I didn't even know existed. It's the Heathkit Memory I/O
Accessory ETA-3400. Woo Hoo!!! Its the expansion box for the 6800 based
ET-3400 Microprocessor Learning System (one of my favorite toys.) Now for
the good news, and too my dilema. It's still it kit form with all the
parts! ;))) I get to build it. I guess I'll need the assembly/op docs for
it. An external examination reveals rca jacks for 'tape input' and 'tape
output' and also a rs-232 port. I gotta get this thing up.... help!
And, with Sydex and other hp150 wares on import from Joe, the aformentioned
printer is available to anyone who wants it.
Also, last call on the mechanical adder, else it will go to eBay and make
me millionz iz tellz ya.
;)
-Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
I have a listing (green bar) of the PDP 8/e and /l music compiler. Is
this something of value to someone, or has this already been archived
someplace?
As far as I know, this may have been written here at the U of Minnesota.
I assume the Pascal Compiler that was written here is already available
someplace (it was once distributed by Decus). I have the original
floppies that were submitted to decus and returned by decus.
-Lawrence LeMay
Somehow, I have doubts that I'd be able to sell this at the local swap
meets, and I'd rather it go to someone who may be able to use it anyway.
I've got an old EPROM/PROM programmer, built into a nice Zero/Haliburton
aluminum briefcase. It's a Kontron MPP-80, comes with a couple of adapters
and its manuals, and it also has a built-in UV unit to erase EPROMs with.
When I first got it, it would not fire up. After some intensive
troubleshooting, I found and fixed a couple of problems in the power
supply. It seems fine now, but I have absolutely no use for it.
If there's no interest here, I'll post the thing to Haggle. I wanted to
check with you lot first. If you're interested, drop me a note with an offer.
Thanks in advance.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin(a)bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
Howdy
Just wondering if someone out there would have a extra kickstart
disc for an amiga 1000 that they could spare to loose for the cost of
shipping + a few bucks?
thanx in advance
Chris
Castlegar BC CANADA
>OK, here's a challenge that I hope one (or more) of you will rise too.
>I found something I didn't even know existed. It's the Heathkit Memory
>I/O Accessory ETA-3400. Woo Hoo!!! Its the expansion box for the 6800
>based ET-3400 Microprocessor Learning System (one of my favorite toys.)
>Now for the good news, and too my dilema. It's still it kit form with
>all the parts! ;))) I get to build it. I guess I'll need the
>assembly/op docs for it. An external examination reveals rca jacks for
>'tape input' and 'tape output' and also a rs-232 port. I gotta get this
>thing up.... help!
Hey, neat! I have my ET-3400 still, and I also didn't know one of
those existed. If you find a second one, I would be much appreciative
if you would send me a pointer...
Megan Gentry
Former RT-11 Developer
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL | Internet (work): gentry!zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group | (home): mbg!world.std.com |
| Compaq Computer Corporation | addresses need '@' in place of '!' |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43 | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
| Nashua, NH 03062 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
| (603) 884 1055 | required." - mbg |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+