Got a bad cap in a TU56 drive. Markings are as follows:
7330L, SPRAGUE, 100MFD, 55V-60CY, A5030.
Can anyone tell me where I can order a replacement that's both electrically
and mechanically (size) the same?
More importantly, I've been scrounging the net for this info. Is there a
good online resource I'm missing for xrefing caps?
Thanks!
Jay West
Since Sellam just made mention of an ebay item,
I hope it's OK to mention another. Did anyone
else notice that, in the pictures of one of the
other Altairs for sale, there are _TWO_MORE_
visible in the background? God, you would think
the people bidding on these things would get a
clue... THEY AREN'T THAT RARE!
Bill Sudbrink
Hello all,
After being buried under an avalanche of work, I've tried to catch up
and resurface. 2672 messages in my classiccmp box this morning...
Sorry to have disappeared on the couple of pending transactions, so if I
was going to send you money or free garba^H^H^H^H^H^H collectables,
please email me at my regular email address (A_Finney(a)wfi-inc.com).
Some great messages in the whole pile, I just wish I'd gotten to them
sooner to join in. And damn it, I missed bidding on that 21 year old
computer (does 6' tall and 175lbs count as big iron?). I would have had
him paint my house and then sold him by the pound for dog food...
Good to be back,
Aaron
Last year you sent out a request for info about HP7475A Plotter pens. Like you, I am now trying to get one working. DId you find a source for pens? Also, do you have any idea where I can get a plotter manual? Even xerox copies of the important pages would help. ALso, any idea what cable is required. Thanks.
Allen Rose / West Palm Beach FL
Pls reply to p025558b(a)pb.seflin.org
Sallam wrote...
>How "rare" can something be when an instance of it goes up for auction
>every damn week!? Doug Yowza noted that there is one Altair or another on
>sale at ebay every day!
>
>This is insanity!!
I, for one, am glad when people mention an item of interest on Ebay. I don't
check ebay regularly. As a result, I *LIKE* being told if an item I'm
looking for goes up there.
That being said, I really like it when someone offers the item here first
before it goes to Escr*w... :)
However, I really wish an HP 2748 paper tape reader would go up on ebay :]
Jay West
>> If you have the DSD-440 hooked to your PDP-11, you
>> can just boot the utility floppy that came with the
>> DSD-440...
>You presume much. I got this box from Ohio State in
>two racks of PDP-11 hardware about ten years ago. I
>did get a lot of software, but I don't recall a DSD
>disk.
Seeing as how all DSD units shipped with a DSD diagnostics
disk in the first place, I don't think anyone would complain if I
offered "replacement" floppies for the cost of postage. The
diagnostics disk that came with my DSD440 actually works with many
other DSD floppy models, too.
>> Never, ever, lose the hyperdiagnostics section of
>> your DSD440 manual!
>I can't lose what I never had. Want to help me not
>lose it by sending me a copy? I will, of course, pay
>shipping and copying charges.
Sounds like a fair deal! Anyone else interested, let me
(shoppa(a)trailing-edge.com) know and I'll run off some copies and get
the total costs estimated.
--
Tim Shoppa Email: shoppa(a)trailing-edge.com
Trailing Edge Technology WWW: http://www.trailing-edge.com/
7328 Bradley Blvd Voice: 301-767-5917
Bethesda, MD, USA 20817 Fax: 301-767-5927
I just got a //c over the Week End,
It came with what looks like a sound system: the item is in a separate
enclosure with what looks like a speaker and a volume knob. It's labelled
"cricket". Does anyone on the list have any infor on this item? Power
requirement, software that uses it etc...
Thanks
Francois
I wrote:
> >IIRC, the DSD drives _can_ format floppies.
>
Tim Shoppa replied:
> Absolutely, in both RX01 and RX02 modes.
> If you have the DSD-440 hooked to your PDP-11, you
> can just boot the utility floppy that came with the
> DSD-440...
You presume much. I got this box from Ohio State in
two racks of PDP-11 hardware about ten years ago. I
did get a lot of software, but I don't recall a DSD
disk.
> You don't even need a computer hooked to the drive
> to do it - you just set the hyperdiagnostic
> DIPswitch pack on the in-box controller to format the
> floppies, and let it rip.
Cool. I may need this in the future, but for now, I've
got several boxes of real RX02K's, new, that I got
>from a guy who used to have a whole pallet of various
disks from various vendors. Before anyone asks, he's
out of business, I got the disks in 1991, and there
were only two shipping boxes of RX02K's. With all the
eOverpay frenzy for nominally valueless classic stuff,
I wish I had asked for a box of the hard-sectored
floppies he had.
> Never, ever, lose the hyperdiagnostics section of
> your DSD440 manual!
I can't lose what I never had. Want to help me not
lose it by sending me a copy? I will, of course, pay
shipping and copying charges.
> Every DSD440 box I have (gees, there must be 9 or 10 > now) has a
Xerox of the DSD440 hyperdiagonstics
> pocket ref taped to the top cover :-).
That sounds like a doc worthy of scanning and/or
retyping for future generations of collectors. If
I had a copy, I'd do it myself (hint ;-).
> >> There were also bus adapters for the Unibus and
> >> Omnibus available.
>
> It's a quad-size card marked "DSD 2131". There's a
> complete schematic of the interface on page A-20 of
> your DSD 440 User Guide. Looks to be maybe $15 in
> TTL chips.
Most excellent. I happen to have a quad DEC prototype
wire-wrap board. This might make an good use of it
(if I don't stick something like a 32K SRAM and SCSI
or IDE port on that board first).
Thanks for all the good info.
-ethan
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
>IIRC, the DSD drives _can_ format floppies.
Absolutely, in both RX01 and RX02 modes. If you have the DSD-440
hooked to your PDP-11, you can just boot the utility floppy that came
with the DSD-440 and it gives a menu letting you select from several
different diagnostics and format utilities. You don't even need
a computer hooked to the drive to do it - you just set the hyperdiagnostic
DIPswitch pack on the in-box controller to format the floppies, and let
it rip. Never, ever, lose the hyperdiagnostics section of your DSD440
manual! Every DSD440 box I have (gees, there must be 9 or 10 now) has a
Xerox of the DSD440 hyperdiagonstics pocket ref taped to the top cover :-).
>> There were also bus adapters for the Unibus and
>> Omnibus available.
>I'd love to find an Omnibus module for it. Didn't
>know it existed.
It's a quad-size card marked "DSD 2131". There's a complete schematic
of the interface on page A-20 of your DSD 440 User Guide. Looks
to be maybe $15 in TTL chips.
--
Tim Shoppa Email: shoppa(a)trailing-edge.com
Trailing Edge Technology WWW: http://www.trailing-edge.com/
7328 Bradley Blvd Voice: 301-767-5917
Bethesda, MD, USA 20817 Fax: 301-767-5927