I could use the MP-A2, how much you asking?
Jeff
___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
My mistake, I was misleading in saying that the cricket is in a separate
enclosure; actually it is in it's own box with only a cable coming out with
a connector that could fit in the modem or printer connectors (Serial device
comes to mind)
I'll do more web search before posting on the comp.sys.apple2
Thanks for the answers
Francois
>On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Francois wrote:
>
>> I just got a //c over the Week End,
>> It came with what looks like a sound system: the item is in a separate
>> enclosure with what looks like a speaker and a volume knob. It's labelled
>> "cricket". Does anyone on the list have any infor on this item? Power
>> requirement, software that uses it etc...
>
>Its a speech synthesizer speaker box. Unless a Cricket card was made that
>could be installed inside the //c (I'm not aware of such a thing although
>I won't rule it out) then this box probably went with something like a //e
>that did have the speech synthesizer card in it.
>
>Er, wait a second, I'm thinking of something different. I do remember
>reading articles in mid-80s Apple magazines that were advertising the
>Cricket. It may very well have been for the //c.
>
>Try posting this message on comp.sys.apple2. Somewhere there should be
>able to help you more than this message.
>
>Sellam Alternate e-mail:
dastar(a)siconic.com
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
>Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.
>
> Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
> See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
> [Last web site update: 02/15/99]
>
Derek Peschel wrote:
>You're putting an entirely different slant on what I said. I was under the
>impression that the CD32 was a big failure. (Maybe I was thinking of the
>CDTV.) Besides, what you said is literally true -- if you except CD-ROM,
>then DVD-ROM IS novel. :)
Commodore going bust cut the CD32 down in its prime. In the UK it sold the
most CD-based software from the time of its release until around August
1994. Admittedly CD sales were not what they are now and it was up against
competitors such as the Mega CD, CDi, and PC-CD ROM.
>Maybe my lack of real Amiga experience has skewed my perspective. Maybe I
>should not post so late at night. :)
<PLUG>Hey! Visit my webpage for the complete guide to the Amiga. URL in the
sig.</PLUG>
>Except for the CD-32 and the CDTV (which IIRC were not that popular, at
>least the CDTV) I don't think the Amiga has been released on a set-top box
>configuration before.
It was not the first time such an idea was proposed for the Amiga. When
Escom bought the Amiga in 1995 they licensed the OS and chipset to an
American company called Viscorp (now known as US Digital). They hired a
number of Amiga personalities, including Carl Sassenrath, to create their
"Amiga ED" system. From what I have seen the machine was in a semi-complete
stage at the time of Escom's liquidation. There is a brief description of it
on my web site- http://www.onlyamiga.freeserve.co.uk/amigaed.html. I've also
got some interesting pictures of the machine in action that will be uploaded
sometime in the future.
Yesterday I mentioned the Siamese PCI card. I've just checked one of my
other email accounts and have been told that development has stalled. From
what I have heard Amiga Inc have stopped backing the project and there are
major concerns about the state of the "Classic" Amiga market (as always).
--
Gareth Knight
Amiga Interactive Guide | ICQ No. 24185856
http://welcome.to/aig | "Shine on your star"
-----Original Message-----
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp(a)world.std.com>
>There are people trying to do windows like/compatable interfaces but
>hitting the MS APIs is like shooting at a moving target
I guess by this you mean the constant flow of new COM interfaces/controls
and extensions... The Win32 SDK itself has been immutably around for quite
awhile.
- Mike: dogas(a)leading.net
<I've got several PDP-11's, all unibus - that use the RQDX2 controller.
Impossible! RQDX2 is Qbus. ;)
<A friend of mine just came up with a 380mb Maxtor ESDI drive. Will the RQDX
<support it?
RQDX1/2/3 support MFM not EDSI. It's of no help to you. Two possible
choices, find a MAXTOR2190 or find a EDSI controller.
Allison
Whew! The uVax II is talking to me again. With Megan's help and a couple of
others the boards have been correctly arranged and once again I get the
'chevron' prompt. I use the following magic to get into WOMBAT on the
controller:
>>> D/P/W 20001F40 20
>>> D/L 20088008 80000002
>>> D/W <csr> AC
>>> S 400
Where <csr> is replaced with 20001468 in my case. It varies based on how
the switches are set. The WQESD manual claims you can get into WOMBAT by
typing 'W' if the right switch is set but my VAX just says "illegal command"
The disk controller doesn't "see" my ESDI disk but I've got some cable
damage on the 34 pin cable that I need to repair. (replacing the cable)
However, after the mistake of connecting the QTO card in backwards I'm
trying to find some way to test it. My best guess is to put a tape in the
drive and try to boot from it but I don't know what the device name would
be... any help here would be good.
--Chuck
Heads Up!!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:57:29 -0800
From: E.B. Lieberman <ebliebe(a)jps.net>
To: Info-PDP11(a)transarc.com
Subject: PDP-11/70's - Now you can own one of these great work horses
Now you can own a PDP-11/70! Yep, that's right.
I'm not talking about those little 11/8x and 11/9x Q-bus jobs.
I'm talking about the real thing; you know with MASSBUS and all.
A global financial institution, previously headquartered in Northern
California, is getting ready to say goodbye to the last of its
PDP-11/70's. These machines (there are eight of them), were used as
message store and forward switches for nearly 20 years. Great minds
have tried to count the number of times the world wide GNP have flowed
through these systems; and failed !!!
Each CPU has roughly the same configuration as follows:
QED 11/70 processor upgrade with 4Mb memory plus cache running at
multiple VUP speeds. (Wow, faster than a 11/780, VAX engineering -
eat your hearts out);
Two System Industries CLUSTOR III MASSBUS disk controllers with 16
Seagate 1.0 Gig drives built with SMD interfaces. Ten drives are
fixed
while the remaining are in removable canisters;
One Fujitsu 2480M/3480 SCSI tape drive (emulates a TU81) plus
SCSI-UNIBUS controller;
One TE16 or TU16 magtape drive (MASSBUS);
Two DV-11's with modem control (16 channel sync or async adapters)
and custom drivers set up for a variation on IBM BISYNC;
Three DZ-11's and an ETHERNET DELUA;
Plus software to show you that all hardware components are
functional;
Did I say eight (8) CPU's? There's more !!
For a short time only, we can throw in tons of spares that include:
More QED's, SETASI memory (2Mb and 4Mb), more DV-11's, more DZ-11's,
full 11/70 CPU kits, DH-11's, DHQ-11's, 50-60 extra Seagate drives,
as described above, in removable canisters, 24 or so extra SI
CLUSTOR controllers, 3 to its own 19" rack.
Am I finished? No way !!!
I'll even throw in a few RP06 disk packs. The platters are great
for making Frisbee's out of
(kids, don't play with these without adult supervision).
Boxes of hardware manuals and even a TECO manual (the first real
editor that today still has the best macro generator going).
So if you are interested in taking the entire lot (en masse), then drop
me a line and we can talk about it.
At 09:35 AM 3/8/99 -0800, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>How "rare" can something be when an instance of it goes up for auction
>every damn week!? Doug Yowza noted that there is one Altair or another on
>sale at ebay every day!
This is the point isn't it? Finding an Altair at a garage sale or swap
meeting in Bloomington Indiana would be like finding the Holy Grail in a
pawn shop, not friggin likely. But when you expand the garage sale to cover
the whole freakin planet the chances go up to about 1.0. Added to that is
that while only about 130 to 200M of us are actually online, given the
natural connectivity of the human race we probably have access to the
garages of more than 40% of the developed nations.
That sort of re-defines rare in a different way, and after the orgasmic
frenzy has passed of finding things that used to be incredibly hard to find
in your local neighborhood, expectations will get reset and the market will
rationalize and the so called "bottom" will drop out of Altair prices.
--Chuck
I've got several PDP-11's, all unibus - that use the RQDX2 controller.
A friend of mine just came up with a 380mb Maxtor ESDI drive. Will the RQDX2
support it?
Jay West
Sean 'Captain Napalm' Conner wrote:
> My idea of a perfect computer is the Amiga (or it's the closest thing yet
>I've found). Enough hardware to keep the hardware guys happy, and the best
>kernel design I've seen in a long time to keep the software guys happy.
>Heck, the AmigaOS even has controlled ways for programs to take over the
>hardware. And it's still a great gaming system.
Then you're going to be very happy this November when the next generation
Amigas are launched.
--
Gareth Knight
Amiga Interactive Guide | ICQ No. 24185856
http://welcome.to/aig | "Shine on your star"