I have a book in my library that describes the design and construction
of a tertiary machine.
Bought it at a Depoe Bay bookstore as a kid in 1973. I think the
Russians were into that.
Jim.
On Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 3:07 PM ben via cctalk <cctalk(a)classiccmp.org> wrote:
Having finished a 20 (21*) bit word biased computer with 18 bit memory
addressing and binary and execess-3 math, I need to write soft ware this
beast. All I have is a serial bootstrap loader,and a cross-assembler in
K&R C. Bare routines for Console and DISC (SD card) are being written.
Are there any good(used) books on languages and operating systems that
don't cost a arm and leg. Kuth,BCPL and FORTH are already covered?
This is what I consider a 1960's style computer other than IBM 360
so modern software is out.
Ben.
* Parts and revised PCB's expected to arrive by then.