A while ago there was a reference to PDP-10 DECtape images (on Bitsavers?) from that era.
I remember it has early RSTS sources on it. It may have what you're looking for as
well. You'd want to look for files with the .P11 extension because they were fed to
the MACX11 cross-assembler. (I think the sources for that cross-assembler are also on one
of those tapes. Not those for MIMIC, unfortunately.)
On Mar 21, 2023, at 7:38 AM, Martin Bishop via cctalk
Can anyone point me to the source paper tapes for the classic Paper Tape Software
programmes packages ?
The IOX, ODT, FPMP and loader/dumper source paper tapes [e.g. DEC-11-XIOXA-A-PA1 & 2]
are on bit savers, but those for the assemblers / linkers seem not to be.
That the assembler / linker sources were distributed is attested by the 1970's
software catalogs; from their evident rarity I infer purchases were uncommon.
While any archive of -PA tapes is of interest, those I'm particularly seeking are:
- DEC-11-UPLAA-A-PA1 to 12 PAL-11A (8k) (V007A) Source PTs [~= ASXA]
- DEC-11-ASPA-PA1 to 11 PAL-11A (4k) (V002A) Source PTs [~= ASPA]
- DEC-11-XIXLA-A-PA1 & 2 IOX LPT (V004A) Source PTs
- DEC-11ULKSA-A-PA1 to 6 Link11S (V002A) Source PTs
- also PAL11S sources, however they are not listed in the catalogs
Equally, listings would be of value, e.g.:
- DEC-11-ASPA-LA PAL-11A (V002A) (4k) Listing
Electronic copies are all I require, although if someone has a cupboard full of
untranscribed physical paper tapes I could oblige.
Yours in anticipation of being able to, hopefully, add the EIS instructions to