More cleaning out the Bob basement

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Sun Sep 19 16:13:44 CDT 2021

I'm sorry if I made a bad joke.  Please understand this was all tongue
in cheek.

As for plans, I had a massive heart attack in June and nearly died.   8
stents and a pacemaker later I am alive and kicking.

My suggestion's are:

Make a will.
Put all of your real estate and investments in a trust with you and your
wife (and possibly your next of kin) to avoid inheritance tax (I am no
lawyer, so contact a lawyer on how to do this)
Make sure there is a list of all bank account and credit card numbers
some where where both of you can access it (a safety deposit box or home
safe comes to mind).
I would suggest that all of your passwords are kept in a password
manager that both of you have access to or encrypted somewhere with a
password you both know.
In case you both were to die together, make sure your next of kin knows
how to find or access the above information.
If you have special requests for disposition of your property after you
die, state it in your will or make a list and put it in the safety
deposit box mentioned above.

These are some of the things my wonderful wife and I did after my heat
attack.

Please forgive the morbid nature of this but my perspective has changed
since the heart attack.