More cleaning out the Bob basement

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:57:27 CDT 2021

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 1:39 PM Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On 9/18/2021 10:04 PM, Toby Thain via cctalk wrote:
> > https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/64153952.jpg
>
> No problem with stopping the stupid wife stuff, but this is an important
> issue: Cleaning out basement hoards like this is *NOT* easy, and if you
> have one make plans now for when you die. It can happen sooner than you
> think due to accident/whatnot.
>
> On the positive side this is a bit of a time capsule and we *did* get
> all the Perq software and documentation out on the tapes. That was a
> serious win apparently.

I'm still working through the tapes and I've had decent success with them,
however if I may add to Chris's suggestions: don't leave tapes in a damp
basement for 20+ years, it makes them difficult to read.  All the more
frustrating when they contain what may be the only surviving copy of
various bits of software for an obscure workstation :).

- Josh