I did elecctronic maintenance in a data centre which included working with a
small number of ADM-3As in the early 1980s.
I do not recall any complaints about key bounce and I know darn well I would
have heard. Those would likely be mechanical key switches so they may have
oxidised over their long career (but all 58 keys? That does not seem
likely.) Cleaning the contacts with a aerosol contact cleaner may be
possible or it may be possible to take them apart and clean them.
After 40 or more years on the job, some of the capacitors may be failing -
that is the most common time related component failure . You might look
hard at the schematic focusing especially on electroytic capacitors. If the
power supply becomes noisy due to sagging filter capacitors or the bypass
capacitors are failing and no longer cleaning up the noise on the power
busses then that might contribute to your problem. When diagnosing an
electronic problem, you are wise to start by being suspicious of the power
supply and the power distribution busses. As far as I recall, the ADM3A
would be mostly SSI TTL circuitry and those ICs would require proper noise
suppression.
The only problem I distinctly recall with an ADM3A was when some academic
spilled rum and coke into the keyboard. I can't recall if I ever fixed it,
I suspect that I scrapped it.
--
Richard Loken VE6BSV : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
Athabasca, Alberta Canada : our heads are naked!"
** rlloken(a)telus.net ** : - Arthur Black