Sun-2 and Sun-3 mice (eBay)

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Sat Oct 30 12:06:55 CDT 2021

On 10/29/21 12:51 PM, Michael Thompson via cctech wrote:
>> AFAIK, the posts are there so you don't plug your mouse into a phone
>> jack or a modem port.  There are cutouts on the back of the Sun3
>> keyboard to admit that connector.
>>
> My Sun 2/120 server has an RJ mouse connector next to the RJ keyboard
> connector on the back of the chassis.
>
> My Sun 2/50 desktop client has a DA-15 keyboard connector on the back and
> has the mouse plugged into the keyboard.
>
> I have a black Mouse Systems mouse with a Sun sticker on the front. P/N
> 900783-002/01. Maybe for a Sun-1?

The Sun Hardware Reference (http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/sunref5.html) says:

     Sun-2
     -----

    Optical mice, usually black, from Mouse Systems. They use a special
optical mouse pad with broad stripes. Cable with RJ connector which
connects either to the CPU directly or to an RJ-DB15 adapter (see type-2
keyboards above).

     Sun-3
     -----

    Optical mice, usually white, from Mouse Systems. They use the same
mouse pad as Sun-2 mice. Cable with RJ connector which connects to the
back of a type-3 keyboard.

     Sun-4
     -----

    Optical mice, usually white. They use a special optical mouse pad
with narrow stripes. Cable with DIN-8 connector which connects to a
type-4 or type-5 keyboard.