3270 controller simulation

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Nov 18 10:45:28 CST 2019

On 11/18/19 8:22 AM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> I believe the *Remote* 3174 (et al.) is one of these devices from IBM.

The bigger 3174s have ethernet as an option, as did the Memorex/Telex 1174
More commonly, 3174s had token ring and people have gone Cisco to 3174 to
get coax terminals talking to Hercules. I believe Guy S., Dave W. and Jay W.
have done this. I have the parts to do either token ring or ethernet on a
3174, and just got probably one of the last 1174s in the world with ethernet
(but no docs)

One of my projects is to try to get something similar going that is open-source
which is why I was interested in ajk's arduino project