AW: 50Hz Pulley for 8" Floppy Drive Mitshubishi M2894-63B

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 09:55:52 CST 2018

Typically, both the motor pulley and belt are changed as a set to keep the distance from motor to flywheel the same.
In my younger days, a friend and I ground down a motor pulley, on a 50 Hz Shugart 800, to be a 60 Hz. We used a file while the motor ran. After getting the right size, we had to file mounting holes for the motor to keep the same belt. It was not the best way but we couldn't afford a new drive and we got the drive cheap, from surplus.
If you change the flywheel, the distance will be to great to use the same belt or even close to the same belt. It may not even fit in the area allowed for the flywheel.
According to the manual, for this drive, only the motor pulley needs to be changed as there is enough adjustment to use the same belt.
Dwight