Old HP test equipment power connectors...

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:54:15 CDT 2015

On 05/27/2015 12:03 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 05/26/2015 08:28 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>> Like wulfman and chuck and as described on my page, I replace the
>> chassis inlet whenever I can, although occasionally it's not possible
>> due to proximity of other chassis elements as the IEC inlet is
>> slightly larger.
> Right now, I'm cursing the guy who thought that the "cloverleaf" or
> "mouseketeer" power receptacle was a good idea.  I'm sitting here looking
> at an HP ScanJet wondering if it would be worth the effort to replace it.

Do you mean IEC 60320 type C5/6, here:


?? That's the connector I was assuming you and wulfman were talking about 
using as a replacement for the old 163 power connectors - not the common 
"PC type" connector, because that's much larger and would mean cutting into 
the original equipment panels so that it would fit.

I'm thinking it should be possible to drill the rivets holding the original 
163 sockets, then make up mounting plates to hold an IEC C6-style socket 
and rivet/bolt those in place. That's assuming that I don't lay my hands on 
some original 163-type cables!



More information about the cctech mailing list