Old HP test equipment power connectors...

wulfman wulfman at wulfman.com
Wed May 27 14:31:01 CDT 2015

i meant  C13 C14     so many around and the female parts have EMI
protection in  a lot of them

On 5/27/2015 11:54 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:
> On 05/27/2015 12:03 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>> On 05/26/2015 08:28 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>>> Like wulfman and chuck and as described on my page, I replace the
>>> chassis inlet whenever I can, although occasionally it's not possible
>>> due to proximity of other chassis elements as the IEC inlet is
>>> slightly larger.
>> Right now, I'm cursing the guy who thought that the "cloverleaf" or
>> "mouseketeer" power receptacle was a good idea.  I'm sitting here
>> looking
>> at an HP ScanJet wondering if it would be worth the effort to replace
>> it.
> Do you mean IEC 60320 type C5/6, here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#Appliance_couplers
> ?? That's the connector I was assuming you and wulfman were talking
> about using as a replacement for the old 163 power connectors - not
> the common "PC type" connector, because that's much larger and would
> mean cutting into the original equipment panels so that it would fit.
> I'm thinking it should be possible to drill the rivets holding the
> original 163 sockets, then make up mounting plates to hold an IEC
> C6-style socket and rivet/bolt those in place. That's assuming that I
> don't lay my hands on some original 163-type cables!
> cheers
> Jules

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use,
copying, disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by
the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail.

More information about the cctech mailing list