920M - and also the Argus 200 / 700

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.ch
Thu May 13 08:42:13 CDT 2021

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 10:01:22AM +0200, jos via cctalk wrote:
> Yep, Europe was also active at the time.
>
> in the UK around 1960 the Argus 200 was developed to control the Bristol Bloodhound anti-aircraft rocket. This computer was one of the very first transistor-based control computers.
>
> In Switzerland the Bloodhound was on duty  until 1999 ! One of the sites, once top secret,  is now a museum, and well worth a visit.
>
> Check out https://www.museums.ch/org/de/Bloodhound-Lenkwaffenstellung

There is also https://www.afc-fliegermuseum.ch/en/ which has a Bloodhound
on display as well as the electronics cabinets of the radar installation
behind it, if I remember correctly. Of course they also have tons of
stuff that flies (starting with balloons and ending with jets) as well
as stuff designed to stop flying stuff from doing so.

At the bottom of the photos on
https://www.afc-fliegermuseum.ch/en/image-gallery/hall-2/ you can see
the Bloodhound in the foreground and its operator console in the background.

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison