APL\360

Sean Conner spc at conman.org
Fri Jan 29 20:57:28 CST 2021

It was thus said that the Great Norman Jaffe via cctalk once stated:

> It happened to me as well - I found hundreds of warnings in the code and,
> after getting permission to address them, I was fired

  Wait ... you got *permission* and were still *fired*?  Have I just been
fortunate in where I've worked my entire career? [1]

> because 'we would
> have to recompile the Windows version due to the changes you made'; the
> source code was reverted to the state before I made the changes.

  Wouldn't you have to recompile the Windows version for updates?  Or was
the company too cheap (or was unable to) run regression tests?

> I refuse
> to have their product on any system that I have involvement with...

  Can you name names?  Or do you need to protect yourself?

  -spc

[1]	Possibly yes.