DEC Pro 3xx archives

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 09:32:53 CST 2021

> On Jan 21, 2021, at 11:20 PM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Paul...
>
> This is really helpful. I've had to deal with those archives for the Rainbow stuff I do and have some additional caveats below I thought I'd share...

Thanks for that information.

Part of my motivation is that I mostly run Mac OS, and after that Linux -- not DOS let alone Windows.  So I was hoping to find a Unix solution which is what I documented.

Now I have two additional questions.

1. In the PRO177 collection (P/OS 3.2 base system) the image 177-20 which is the ProSetupV32 disk seems to be bad.  It converts fine, but the converted file is 160k, not 400k as it should be.  If I pad it out with zeroes it still doesn't work, even though the data at the start looks plausible.  Any advice?  Is there a good one somewhere?  Tim Shoppa's copy has the same issue.

2. The Xhomer P/OS image has Pro/DECnet installed, it seems, but it doesn't work.  I see the floppies (5 of them) but no information on how to use them.  Any information on Pro/DECnet install and setup anywhere?

	paul