tamayatech let down

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Sun Dec 26 12:33:25 CST 2021

Hi Jacob and list,
some years ago, I was also interested in some of their boards.
The first thing I usually do with companies I didn't deal with, yet, is to contact them with questions to see if I get an answer and of what type it is.
>From tamayatech, I never got any answers.
Thus, I never ordered anything.
PinnacleMicro was very different and a pleasure to deal with, but unfortunately, they dropped the DEC equipment support. I wonder where all their remaining equipment went to. Probably to some other support vendors. There are only a handful left regarding some bigger ones, to my knowledge.
Cheers,
Pierre

http://www.digitalheritage.de

Am Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2021, 03:33:18 MEZ hat Jacob Ritorto via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Folgendes geschrieben:

I think I should pass on my experience as a warning to others.

I googled around for a particular PDP-11 board I needed and tamayatech.com
was a hit, with "buy now" option and condition: refurbished.  Seemed
convincing and the price was in the sane ballpark.  So I bought it, paid
through their ecommerce routine, etc.

Sent a mail thanking them and asking if it would be despatched soon as I
had work time off in the coming week..  No reply.

Waited a week and telephoned their phone number from the purchase
confirmation email.  No answer.  Left message.

Several (well over ten) repeated email and phone contact attempts through
the last months (this began early November) to no avail.  There has been
absolutely no response.  So my conclusion: it looks as though they took my
credit card and never shipped it, then just ignored me. I hope the fellow's
okay but feel quite thoroughly ripped off.

So 'buyer' beware.

Interestingly their SEO is rather well maintained and punching DEC part
numbers into Google, etc. often results in a hit to their site.  So they're
at least keeping that part of the business updated.

Anybody else with similar experience?  Any way to rectify the situation?

thx
jake