PDP-11/70 Boards

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sun Dec 5 15:26:42 CST 2021

> On Dec 5, 2021, at 1:37 AM, Rob Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I don't see the Kunkin unit for sale except for a couple of items on ebay from China. I am really reluctant to buy anything at all from China. I couldn't find a manufacturer site for them, and I was wondering if there are alternatives since they don't seem to be particularly available.

Yes, just about any programmable DC load in this class will suffice.  It’s just convenient to be able to punch in current or power limits, dial them up and down, and have everything including fans, thermal management, etc. in one compact package on the bench.

At the time I was looking, the Kunkin, while yes, from China, had a lot hands-on reviews on YouTube.  So I just went ahead with that.  Worked out okay for me, but one kind of annoying thing is the banana jacks on the five-way binding posts don’t seem quite standard (!) — I will probably change out the posts on mine.