ISO Laserjet I/II/III firmware

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 15:39:19 CDT 2021

The 4si  my last large printer... ah I miss it!  Ed#

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

  On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 8:50 AM, Ali via cctalk<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:   > There has been some work going on emulating early Laserwriters in MAME
> and I was wondering
> if anyone still has boards or firmware dumps from Laserjets.
>
> It seems most have been scrapped.
>
> "nobody collects printers"

I don't know about collect but I have a soft spot for early LaserJets. I have a 4SI and 4M+ and an original Color LJ. I also have a few Apple LaserWriters (IIgs, 600, maybe one more).

I have tried to get my hands on an original LJ a couple of times but the deals fell through and I did get a IIID but before it could be shipped the seller moved warehouses and it got lost in the move. Frankly if you can't find it locally it is hard to get them. Sort of like CRTs. If anyone in the LA Area wants to get rid of the following I'd be interested in giving them a good home:

LJ IIID
LW 8500, Color LW, LW Pro 810
Compaq PageMarq 20 (or even a 15)
IBM 4029