ISO Laserjet I/II/III firmware

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Thu Aug 12 11:09:23 CDT 2021

On Aug 11, 2021, at 10:57 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> There has been some work going on emulating early Laserwriters in MAME and I was wondering
> if anyone still has boards or firmware dumps from Laserjets.
>
> It seems most have been scrapped.
>
> "nobody collects printers”

I hope I know the answer, but having said that, I’m really curious as to why they’re working on the emulation.

The only old Lasers I have are an HP 5mp I bought new, and finally retired this spring (though I just realized it’s probably still on), and a 5p I was given a few years ago.  I was quite happy to get my VMS Cluster working with a modern HP LaserJet that is *WAY* faster, and supports duplexing.

Zane