Looking for Silent 700 model 787 manual

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Nov 19 19:46:11 CST 2017

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017, Chris Elmquist via cctalk wrote:
> I recently acquired a TI Silent 700 model 787 terminal.  This cc 1980
> unit is an interesting member of the Silent 700 family as it is capable
> of 120 chars/sec printing and has an internal 300/1200 baud direct connect
> modem that does Bell 103, Bell 212A and Vadic modulation in both originate
> and answer modes.
> It's a got a DB25 on the back for directly connecting serial but I don't
> have any documentation on how to choose the internal modem vs the DB25
> for comms or any pinouts for this DB25 outside the usual expectations
> of RS232 on a DB25.

Some models of Silent 700 had a connector (I seem to remember it as maybe
being DA-15?, instead of DB-25?) that permitted it to connect to external
modem, AND permitted external devices to connect to the Silent 700
internal modem, or a loop back (defaulted to jumpered to that internally)
ofconnecting the terminal to its modem.