Fair price and ways to find a teletype

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:57:06 CDT 2015

I think you would be surprised to know that M15 and other Baudot teletypes were used with early computers.
Not sure about the Altair but I certainly used a Creed 7B with my 6809 based system. Again no paper tape, I had an Audio tape system.
They were also widely used in the UK on early computers in the UK. The Manchester MK1, Ferranti Pegasus, Ferranti Mercury, Cambridge ENIAC
all used 5-level Creed teleprinters as output devices. As I am sure I have said before, Mercury and Pegasus actually output 5-level tape on a high speed punch
which was then feed into a storage bin under the counter, and then read on a slower reader connected to the Teleprinter. So physical buffering...

Dave
G4UGM