New logo: Vintage Computer Federation

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Oct 14 22:16:18 CDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 12:34 PM, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> Sorry old chap just an example. I'm a old DEC guy. My
> biggest system is a VAX
>
> I think the 360 was back in the days when they rented
> every thing so not much was left behind
> Mind you I would not turn down a racks worth of AS400

In the EARLY days of the 360, that was true, but in later
days many people owned their machines.  Washington
University rented their 360/50, but then bought a used
360/65, and then added two used 370/145s.  Despite the
number of 360s made, there are REALLY few left, and I'm not
sure anybody has any that run.  (Of course, with the SLT
modules, spares would be a REAL problem.)

Yup, for sentimental reasons, I still have my MicroVAX-II here.

Jon