New logo: Vintage Computer Federation

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 15 07:27:07 CDT 2015

You want sentimental? I have a VT100 that I know I sold to a customer in
1975 whilst at DEC and that came back a couple of years ago in a
clearout pile from I know not where. I still had my old day book I in
which kept  the serial numbers and there it was!! Needless to say
surprise was not the one half of it! Forty years is a good age for any
terminal. Its all cleaned up and looks and works as well as the day it
came off the line at Westfield.

DEC had many plants like Westfield in Massachusetts. Most  companies
would have an interplant bus service.
  DEC had a helicopter service. The pilots had nealy all been in Vietnam.
I heard the following story at a sales meeting.:

The helicopters would usually rise gently to 2000' and set course fo the
next plant. Unless you asked how they had got on in SE Asia.
Then you got the "how to get to the drop zone whilst avoiding AAA,
smallarms fire and ground to air missiles demo".
Aparrantly one guy said to the person sat next to him it's a pity you
had your eyes closed when we flew under the high voltage wires.
You missed going under the bridge on the other side

Rod Smallwood

--
Wanted : KDJ11-E M8981 KK8-E M8300 KK8-E M8310 KK8-E M8320 KK8-E M8330