FTGH - Decstation 5000 plus many extras

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:43:22 CDT 2020

> On 19 May 2020, at 20:43, Antonio Carlini via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On 19/05/2020 19:45, Jacob Ritorto via cctalk wrote:
>> I think that's the screen I'd really love to have for my vt240 but alas I'm
>> too many continents away! Also not sure it'd plug in directly.  Could you
>> please tell me the model number and what the connectors look like?
>

> I think the VT240 is a base unit plus a VR201 monitor (same monitor that is used by the DEC Rainbow and a few other DEC "PC" systems of that era).
>
> The VT241 is the same base unit (with a different bezel) with a VR241 monitor.
>

> I don't know what monitor is in that picture but I don't think that the VR241 was ever used on the DECstation 5000 series.

That’s the famously heavy Trinitron-powered VRT19, the one that was on my hallway floor when you came to visit in happier climes. it’s a workstation monitor, RGB+sync-on-green and is for pretty much anything DEC with a 13W3 video connector. Not VT240/Rainbow. Remember me telling you about the static shock trick you could pull on people? :)

Cheers,

--
Adrian Graham
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest private home computer collection?