Sales of unearthed Atari games total more than $100,000

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 14:21:39 CDT 2015

Ali,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Ali <cctalk at fahimi.net> wrote:

> > How might a collector discern a "landfill" E.T. cart from any other
> > E.T.
> > cat that some snarky guy buried in the clay of his back forty?
>
> Not that I am expert or anything but my understanding is that the ET cart
> is extremely rare to begin with. In fact the landfill collection is the
> largest supply of the cart to be injected into the market.

A quick search of eBay would correct your 'understanding'. There are dozens
of copies for sale, many with boxes and manuals. They start at about $5.00.

The game is very common, and generally considered worthless. It's a joke,
possibly the "worst video game ever made" - up there with Superman 64 for
N64.