Ordering parts onesie twosie

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jan 1 20:29:12 CST 2020

On 1/1/20 10:36 AM, William Donzelli wrote:

> And then you weep and moan when another goes under...
>
> I am no longer marketing modern(ish) electronic components for retail
> - there is no money there. All that stuff - 1000s of ICs and
> capacitors and connectors are going out for metal recovery. Yes, it
> hits home.

I don't weep and moan about something from the past vanishes because of
lack of interest, any more than I weep about the unavailability of RTL
flatpacks or variocouplers or UV201s.  How much of a run do you imagine
that 5V TTL logic will have?  It's pretty much incompatible with tiny
cell geometries.

The inexorable march of human progress; you do what you can to tread
water, but eventually it overtakes you and the old paradigms don't work
any longer.

It's probably for the better; we old fossils won't be around much longer
anyway.   I suspect that my late father would understand the Internet
any more than my grandfather would have understood electronics or his
father, internal combustion engines.

--Chuck