FedEX unsurance issues

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 28 10:32:25 CDT 2020

On 04/28/2020 09:12 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> I suppose they still charge you an insurance fee according to what you declared as the value?
>
> This seems like a pretty clear case of fraud, and you should report it to the authorities.

Yes, seems correct to me.  One thing to note, at least until
VERY recently, FedEx ground and FedEx
express were separate companies that shared web servers and
shipping counters.  FedEx ground
used to be Roadway Package Systems.  For some reasons, FedEx
did not integrate that company
after they bought them, might have been related to union
seniority stuff or something.

But, apparently in just the last month or two, they have now
started to integrate the two companies.

Anyway, you could sure write a letter to your state attorney
general's office.  I have gotten surprising results when
making complaints.  A couple years ago, Wagreens has
deceptive yellow 2 for 1 labels in their OTC drug and
vitamin shelves.  Well, they were NOT 2 for the price of one
-- they were buy two, get half off on the 2nd bottle, only.
A few months after filing a complaint with the state EG's
office, there was an aritcle about it in the newspaper, and
they changed the policy.  I assume other people also complained.

Jon