what's vintage? was Re: Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 08:58:44 CDT 2016

On 1 July 2016 at 20:33, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> ...and numerous clones.   This email is being run through a server
> running Ubuntu on a headless Orange Pi PC.  At $15, I'll probably buy a
> few more.

That's one thing I don't get. The RasPi is interesting because it can
run so many OSes, and more are appearing. One of mine runs Lubuntu,
sure, but the other has RISC OS. I also want to play with Plan 9,
FreeBSD, Interim, I'm wondering if I can learn enough to port Oberon
or even Inferno.

It's a computer. It can run lots of OSes.

All the others, AFAIK, run Linux and nothing else. As such they're of
little interest to me.