what's vintage? was Re: Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Jul 1 13:49:58 CDT 2016

> On Jul 1, 2016, at 11:33 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
>
> We're entering another interesting period of time.  For those who want a
> desktop PC to read email and surf the web, the display could well turn
> out to be the most expensive component by far.

Interestingly, the RPi could result in the resurrection of the X Terminal :-)

At work I have a monster desktop that basically serves as just that.  With the RPi3 it's now practical to use it to drive the display, letting me turn the desktop beast into a VM host.  VM host in the kvm/qemu sense, although I do plan to have it host a VM/370 instance, just to annoy the kiddies at work :-)