Sugru (moldable rubber) for ???

Chuck Guzis cclist at
Tue Jan 27 12:48:56 CST 2015

On 01/26/2015 02:42 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> Maybe, but here's the thing:  "flexible" doesn't mean that material is
> suitable.  If you take my example of a capstan, one property that's
> required is a sufficient amount of "grippiness" (there's probably an
> engineering term for it).

The engineering term seems to be "surface friction" or something like 
it.  It's what table tennis pros need on their paddles to control the 
ball--and why the rubber facing is replaced frequently.

I marvel at the things you can learn on teh Internets.


More information about the cctalk mailing list