The TRS-80 Journey Continues

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:11:21 CDT 2022

On Wed, May 11, 2022, 6:24 AM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 5/10/22 22:33, Fred Cisin wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 May 2022, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> >> DDensity.  I thought there was a single command to make the system
> >> part and then you just added the Utilities you wanted.
> >

> > Was it SYSGEN?
>
> As near as I can tell SYSGEN only modifies a file (or two) but
> does not copy any files to a new location.

Each OS has its own process.  PIP to copy the rest of the files if you're
using CP/M

Trsdos 6. (I think)
FORMAT :0
BACKUP $:x :1 (SYS,INV)

Where x is your hard drive letter.

Depends how much is on your hard drive.  If possible use a floppy to make a
boot disk, less variables to manage.  I have a model 4p with hard drive at
the shop but the floppy disk drive needs to be replaced

Bill