ID UV erasable PROMS used on an IBM PC board?

D. Resor organlists1 at sonic.net
Tue Mar 22 05:03:31 CDT 2022

I've taken and uploaded some larger easy to view images of the processor board component and solder sides.

One plus is the eproms are socketed.

I've uploaded an image showing the silk screening stamp on the underside of the eproms.

Now that I look closer at the Power Supply PWB I see it too is filled with proprietarily marked parts (sigh).

Big Blue's curse continues.

Interestingly Xerox didn’t do this with the Star 6085 Workstation.  The full service manuals are available for download.  I believe the 8010 is the same way.

I suppose I can email my contact at IBM archives and inquire about circuit diagrams...  It never hurts to ask.

I have the MiniPro TL866II Plus programmer.  It does have the ability to read the ID of ICs. Setup requires you first select IC p/n number from the list, and then it verifies the data prior to a read or write.

It would be nice if it could ID the IC automatically.   I realize there are probably too many variables to do this safely without risk of destroying the EPROM and/or the data written on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/juvn0ahnwp51k80/ProcessorPWBCompSide1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4mqpxd9ksnciil/ProcessorPWBSolderSide1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl26dkv3jjuip0u/PromUnderside1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqok0avoqqumyuq/PowerSpplyPWB1.jpg?dl=0