mystery S-100 available

Stan Sieler sieler at allegro.com
Sun Jan 23 13:42:09 CST 2022

Hi,

I have a mystery S-100 computer that I'm would like to sell, from the
estate of the late Ken Gielow (author of Z80DIS, a great Z80 disassembler).

The proceeds will be donated to a non-tax-deductible magic group Ken was a
long-time member of.

The computer is located in Cupertino, CA (aka "the heart of Silicon
Valley", in the S.F. Bay Area).   (If reopened, you can combine a pickup
with a visit to the Computer History Museum in nearby Mountain View, CA! :)

This would likely be quite expensive to ship.  I'd guess 30+ pounds.

Photos and some info at:
   www.sieler.com/ken_photos

Some of the hardware (also listed on the above page):
   ThinkerToys buss
   unknown semi-transparent front panel
   spare/uninstalled Ithaca Intersystems DPS-1 front panel
   10 various boards inside
   metal case (heavy)

There may be manuals on some of the boards and/or the Ithaca, but I'm not
sure yet.  (They would be included, if they exist.)

I wanted to take photos of each board, but having been seated for about 40
years, they don't come out if I tug gently.  None have integrated board
lifters, unfortunately
(I tried a boroscope, but could not get useful photos.)

Based on the labels on some EPROMS, there's a chance that it's a homebrew
TRS-80 clone, with both Level II BASIC and CBASIC, and may have Morrow
DISCUS software on it.

We're looking for an offer on either:

   - the Ithaca Intersystems front panel;

   - the computer with all the boards