WARNING: Clear QIC Tape Bands

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Fri Jan 21 11:54:54 CST 2022

> Have you tried Misumi?  The only problem I had was that you have to be
> VAT
> registered. I had a friend order for me.
>
> https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/223000860382/
>
> I used the 150 mm / 6mm variety and as far as I can tell it works
> nicely. I
> have been running a tape in a Tektronix 4051 for some time and haven
> seen
> any shedding. Not daily exactly but 20 times over half a year.

I second the Misumi brand. I haven't seen any of the issues mentioned on this thread with those bands. Of course I am only a hobbyist so not putting them through any crazy paces. I mainly use them for the 5100 and 5110. They are significantly more expensive then the Amazon mix bag ones but may be worth it.

-Ali