Installing an operating system on the 11/83 - update.

Joshua Rice Rice43 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 22 11:27:35 CST 2022

I have a generic 5.25” (not sure of brand) in my dell GX1 but it writes plain SSDD floppies in RX50 format no problem.

The RX33 was a pretty standard PC floppy drive AFAIK, just configured (with jumpers) to work as an RX33. You may find better milage configuring it as a PC floppy drive, as PUTR expects to work on PC drives at the device level. Having a real RX33 might be throwing it off. Don’t take it as gospel, since i’ve not got an RX33 to test it with.

Not sure if PUTR can copy images to a floppy, as i’ve only used it to build a bootable RT11 disk, and make a few RT11 disks out of the contents of images mounted by PUTR. You might find it better to work on a blank formatted floppy and build up from there.