DEC VT52 CRT anode connection

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Mon Feb 21 00:27:34 CST 2022

Hi folks,

I’ve begun some work on a VT52, and need to get the power supply board out onto my bench for some work.  For those who have been in here before: is there a way to detach the HV anode lead at the board side (does the white “cap” come off the lead connector?)  Or is the only option to unclip at the CRT itself?

They don’t make it easy to get to the anode cap in this terminal — one has to pull the whole tube, with the power supply board in tow.  After doing this for an inspection, I find the anode cap looking little brittle and covered with some red, oily “goop”…  I’d rather just leave that alone and detach from the board side if it works that way?

	cheers,
           —FritzM.